Chapter 2: New Patient

I couldn't help the smile that found its way on my face as I entered some patient information so that Kelsey my assistant could put in an insurance claim.

I kept thinking about Tre. Earlier this morning had been the first time in a while that we've both been home at the same time in the morning.

Tre usually has away games for most of the year and when he is home, he has practice in the morning. Luckily for us, his coach decided to do things a little differently this year.

Being the knucklehead he is, on his first obligation free morning with his wife in god knows how long, this dude decides to chase me around the house naked.

Needless to say, getting to work required the strength of the Lord himself.

Before I could reminisce further on Tre's devious attempts to keep me home Kelsey walked in.

"Morning Dr. G! We have a patient in the examination room. Gina already took the necessary samples to send to the lab. The patient is about 16 weeks. She does have history of past miscarriages and two abortions." Kelsey said handing me the case file on the new patient.

"Thank you Kelsey, I appreciate it. I just finished entering the information you needed on Mrs.Hendrix so you could do the insurance claim." I said as I read through the patient's medical history.

sprained ankle, bruised coccyx (tailbone), abortion, sprained wrist, torn liagment, miscarriage, sprained ankled, etc.

" No problem Dr. G" Kelsey smiled. Kelsey is a beautiful girl. She has long blonde hair that she always keeps in a ponytail with laid edges.

She isn't big on makeup but always manages to look put together and on point.

Figure-wise I'm convinced that Kelsey is black. Home girl has a body on her that just won't quit. Her top half is propositioned but when she turns to the side; that girl's booty literally has no adjectives capable of describing it.

Kelsey gives my big sister Alex a run for her money. But to top it off, she is intelligent, efficient, and productive when it comes to work.

"Is there anything you need Dr. G before I step out?" Kelsey asked.

"I wondering if you knew how the patient obtained these injuries listed in her medical history." I inquired.

"Dr. G, you're going to have to ask her that herself because if I told you, you just wouldn't believe me. This is a different kind of patient." Kelsey laughed.

"Girl bye, you are such a clown" I laughed.

Kelsey was cracking up.

"Okay let me go check out this Monica Brown." I said exiting leaving Kelsey in her laughing fit.

I don't get the joke, the only funny thing is Kelsey's laugh. She laughs like a hyena on crack. That girl is crazy.

I knocked on the patient examination door twice and entered.

"Hello Ms. Brown, I am Dr. Green" I said greeting the woman. She was young and her legs and arms were toned despite her protruding stomach.

I was able to observe her physique through her white tank top that did nothing to hide her lacy red bra and her well done boob job and her denim jean shorts that seem to be snug in her crotch area.

She had a bright and excessively long red weave, a red lip ring, and acrylic stiletto nails that matched her hair. She sported extremely thick false lashes that would carry her away if she blinked too much and a bright red lipstick.

I guess her favorite color is red.

"Hi, please just call me Monica" She said shaking my hand.

"Nice ring. Is that 11 carats?" Monica said examining my hand.

"It's actually 15 1/2." I said a matter-of-factly.

"It's big."

"Than-" I started to say but Monica cut me off.

"Your hair is cute. What is it? Mine is Filipino, this shit is expensive as heck. Who's your vendor?" Monica questioned flipping her 24-inches of weave over her shoulder while popping her gum.

"God and my two parents." I said with a straight face.

"Oh, so you mixed or something?"

"No."

I feel like this girl is investigating me.

"Monica, I would like to get this appointment along. I do have other obligations to fulfill." I said civilly but I'm sure evidence of my impatience leaked through my voice.

"Nah, do ya thing Doc. What do you need to know?" Monica popped her gum.

"Well I went over your chart and medical history. It says you're nine weeks pregnant. Will your partner be joining you in your appointments?"

"No, he's under the impression that I'm terminating the pregnancy." Monica replied.

"I'm sorry to inform you but you're too far along for an abortion. However, there are options available for after you have the child." I informed her.

"You mean like adoption?"

"Yes. I have contacts with some of the best adoption agencies in the country. Your baby would be given to a capable, loving, and financially stable family."

" Thanks for 411 Doc but I'm keeping this baby. I got some money saved up and my baby daddy is balling. I'm set for life if I give his ass child support."

"Okay, that's good I guess. Does your baby's father have any genetic disorders on his side of the family?" I asked with my note pad in my lap.

"Um not that I'm aware of. I never met them and he don't really talk about them much. To be honest, he doesn't do much talking when we together. I puts it down." Monica shrugged.

"Well that's good for you, one of my nurses already took some blood samples so if anything is wrong, we'll know in a few weeks." I said ignoring her reference to her sex life. This woman is clearly not like my usual patients.

"Okay." She said popping her gum.

"I was going through your medical history and I noticed you've had many physical injuries and sometimes followed by a miscarriage or abortion. I have to ask Monica, is your baby's father responsible for those injuries?"

"Nah Doc, that nigga...pardon that negro know better than to put his hands on me. Those are work related injuries." Monica said popping her gum.

No wonder Kelsey was cracking up. This girl is G-H-E-T-T-O! I never met someone who was capable of popping their gum so much. It is starting to get on my last nerve.

"May I ask what you do for a living?"

"I'm a stripper. I be getting dollars at Magic City. They like my booty cuz my shid sit right and tight" Monica said with no hesitation. She wasn't ashamed.

"Oh" I said in response. I have no idea how to respond to something like that.

But hey no judgements, every girl makes their money how they know how to. And I can't be too harsh, my sister Alex is a stripper too.

"Well considering your injuries, I'm going to recommend you go easy at your job. Considering you're prone to miscarriages, I don't want you to put your body under too much stress."

After doing a quick ultrasound, I wrote little Miss Monica a prescription for prenatal vitamins and sent her on her merry way.

If that girl popped her gum one more damn time, I might have had to stab her with a scalpel.

This new patient is going to be trouble.