Chapter Five: Making Up

I took a moment to enjoy the peace and quiet of my office while I laid on the stylish grey couch.

I have been on my feet ever since 6 this morning and I was just now getting time to myself.

One of my patients went into premature labor earlier this morning and I had to come in 5 hours earlier than I was supposed to. Ever since August joined the staff, I have been able to lighten my work load.

Wednesdays and Thursdays were the only days I came in later than usually. It was part of my plan to wean myself off of work. It's hard relinquishing control of a practice I've worked so hard to build.

Slowly but surely it is happening. I made my husband a promise and I intend on keeping it even though we haven't spoken since our argument four days ago.

He hasn't come home two of the those four days and when he was home, I was busy catching babies. I usually don't stand for him not coming home but I let him slide.

I let him, knowing he needed space after I basically told for a large part of our marriage I didn't trust him enough to have his children.

Don't get me wrong I love my husband but going into our relationship I wasn't naive.

I expect my husband to remain faithful but with his profession, I know it isn't guaranteed. There is temptation every where. When he's on the road, when he goes out, or even when he's at the gym.

So I wanted to wait a couple of years to make sure no mysterious love children popped up before I started having his children. I'm not with the baby momma drama. It's not for me and never will be.

I wish I could make Tre understand where I'm coming from. I didn't mean to hurt his feelings but I was just being brutally honest.

I sighed and took my hair out it's ponytail holder. I massaged my scalp and let out a deep breath.

I missed my man but my ego got in the way of me making the effort to apologize.

Why do I have to apologize first? He made us miss church! And I still got a lecture from Ma about being a "good wife" and that I got "good man" who makes "good money" and I should cater to his needs.

I swear the only reason Momma likes Tre is because he has an abundance of money in the bank. Times like these, I wish I had someone to vent to but I liked to keep my marriage private. Things nowadays are always finding their way to media.
Marriage is hard enough and I don't need a bunch of strangers critiquing my relationship.

I can't talk to Momma because she's automatically going to side with Tre. Especially since he brought a new car a few months back.

I would try calling my big sister Alex but she's always either at the strip club or at her dance studio teaching classes. Sometimes she tours with artists and dances backup.

Times like these I really felt lonely. Tre was not only my husband but my best friend. I hate fighting with him because I always end up missing him like crazy. We already don't see each other as much as I would like due to his career and mine. But to know he's within arms reach and we're not cherishing every moment together hurts.

I sighed again and decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and go to lunch.

I took off my scrubs and sneakers then I put on a pair of denim jeans, a tan wife beater, a pair of flats, and a leather jacket. I then placed my hair back into a ponytail and left my office.

As I passing by Kelsey's desk, she stopped me. "Dr. G, I have some flowers here for you that were delivered about thirty minutes ago.

"Thank you Kelsey, do you know who sent them?" I asked picking up the bouquet smelling the flowers.