Chapter Six: Sista Sista

"Dr. G, your 1:30 appointment is here!" Kelsey informed me as I was reviewing a finance report.

"Okay, thank you Kelsey. Do you mind reviewing this finance report for me to see if I missed anything and then faxing it over to the accountant and the attorney?" I asked as she handed me the case file for my 1:30 appointment.

I quickly glanced over the file and made my way to the patient holding room.

I entered the room as the patient was finishing a phone call.

"Okay baby, I'll see you later. Boy, stop....baby you nasty. Okay I'll make sure it's extra wet..." she said in a sultry voice.

"Good Afternoon. I'm Dr. Green." I said as I quickly knocked on the door.

"Baby, I got to go...Love you too." She said before hanging up the phone.

"Do I even want to know who you'll be getting extra wet for?" I teased.

"Sissy!" She exclaimed as she jumped on me wrapping her legs around me.

Once she started placing kisses all over my face, I pushed her off me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I swiped my face of her wet kisses.

"I missed my baby sister." Alex said sweetly.

"Bitch please." I straight faced her.

"You're so mean. Of course, I came to visit you but I also wanted to get some birth control." Alex whispered the last part.

" Does this have anything to do with this person you were on the phone with?" I questioned.

"If you MUST know, yes it does. We've been rocking with each other for a minute now and I just want to be safe. I have deep feelings for him and I can honestly say I'm falling in love with him. But I'm also not trying to be anyone's baby momma. It took me a while to realize this but I want to be a wife." Alex expressed.

" I'm happy for you sis. Whatever he's doing, he better keep it up. I haven't seen you this happy in a while. You deserve it."

" Thank you sissy that means a lot coming from your mean ass." Alex teased.

"Whatever." I said rolling my eyes in response.

" See! You can't even deny it, you know it's the truth." Alex laughed.

"Whatever time is money, let's get down to business. When was your last period?" I questioned with my notepad and pen in hand.

"Last week." Alex answered.

"When were you last tested for any STDs?" I asked.

"Damn. I don't remember, it's been a while. But I doubt I have anything, I'm always safe."

"Alex, condoms aren't for certain. Things happen. I would definitely recommend you get tested especially with a new partner. Things like HIV and some STDS can go a while before they're detected. I would also recommend you have this new partner of yours tested as well just to be safe." I advised.

"You're right sis. I'll be sure to talk to him. I can't believe I've been so careless. I'm usually pretty cautious about things like that." Alex confessed.

"It's okay. You're in love and in the honeymoon phase. Your judgment is a little out of wack. Just remember to be more careful. Be sure to get tested every six months. I haven't met your new beau but these men will swear up and down that they're faithful and the next thing you know you're burning every time you pee. Us women need to look out for ourselves."

"Do you get tested?" Alex asked.

"OF COURSE!" I exclaimed.

"I've seen the way Tre looks at you, he would never cheat on you." Alex said.