Living with the schools jerk.

Suddenly a door about a meter away from me opens and out steps Lucas. I falter mid-step and my heart beat increases. I look subtly to the left of me, and then to the right of me, but there aren't any escape routes. Where do I go from here? I slowly edge backwards but he matches each of my steps with one of his.

&~ Flashback

I slam my car door closed and then instantly regret it. "Oh, I'm sorry baby," I whisper quietly, stroking the side of my beauty. "It was my fault we parked badly, not yours,"

"Tarsha!"

I take a deep breath and stand from my crouched position, knowing that voice all too well. Lucas. He is honestly one of the biggest jerks in school and his conceitedness knows no bounds.

He's surrounded by his normal loud and exuberant group that consists of jocks and cheerleaders and jealous on-lookers.

"What?" I try to keep my voice monotone but attitude seeps through and I sound snappy already. In my defence though, he is extremely annoying and deserves worse than my attitude.

"Chill," He shrugs as he runs his hands through his hair. One of his mates says something and he laughs loudly before looking back at me. "I just thought you should know that you have a great ass and I appreciate looking at it,"

I scoff and throw my empty McDonald's coffee cup at him. "Suck on it, Mitchels,"

He kicks off of the tree and walks leisurely towards my car. He smirks at me, his eyes slowly roaming my body. "That's your job,"

"Ew," I cringe. "Very unlikely,"

He sits on the hood of my car and grins, licking his lips. "We'll see,"

I let out a noise of disgust and he and his friends all laugh. I glare at the latter, releasing a huff of annoyance. They have the whole cheerleading team at their beck and call, I really don't see why they have to annoy me. It's all Lucas's fault, he's the devil.

"Get off of my car," I growl, trying to push him off of the hood of my car by shoving his shoulders. "You've probably got a sexually transmitted infection and I don't want that shit near my baby,"

He finally removes himself from my vehicle, his smirk still set firmly on his face. "I could be your baby,"

I shake my head and turn away from him. He's simply impossible, and I'm that sick of rehashing the same innuendos and conversations with this infuriatingly good looking kid, that I'm about ready to move schools.

I head away from the popular crowd and over towards Kelly, who's standing by the main doors of the school. When I reach her I give her a quick hug.

"What in the world took you so damn long?" She sighs, slinging her arm over her bag. "I'm dying for a V and if I don't get one before first period I might just drop dead,"

"Shut up, drama queen," I laugh as we make our way through the already slightly crowded halls. "I went through Maccas drive-through for a coffee,"

"No Lucas this morning?" She raises her eyebrow as we reach our lockers.

"Of course there was bullshit from him as well," I roll my eyes. I throw my book bag in my locker and pull out my planner. I grab my Biology and Chem books before slamming it closed again. "But what news did you have to tell me anyway?"

"Oh!" She laughs, forgetting about my usual morning activities that always prevent me from meeting her on time. Kelly's eyes go wide with excitement. "I overheard Paul talking to David about me yesterday in after school detention,"

"To David? I didn't even know they were friends," I raise my eyebrows.

"I didn't either," She shrugs and leads us towards the cafeteria. "But he told him that he was only seeing me for sex. Then he told him I'm shit in bed and that's why he really broke it off with me," She chuckles loudly.