Chapter 20

© ItalRT4u, 2012

     I couldn’t have been more relieved to find out that most of the blood that had coated Sandra wasn’t much of her own.  After cleaning her off, Lilah had bandaged most of Sandy’s wounds which were mostly superficial and non-life threatening.  It was the hit to her head that had caused her to collapse and remain unconscious.  William, on the other hand, had taken a turn for the worse; shortly after relieving him from his duty of caring for his wife, he had collapsed into unconsciousness which manifested itself into the form of a restless sleep.  Lilah couldn’t do much for him with her witchy powers but was fairly certain that beyond the scars, William would make a full recovery; it all remained to be seen once they had both woken up and their conditions could be reassessed.  I still couldn’t quite completely grasp why we hadn’t brought them to the hospital.  Aside from the places being overrun with the total chaos that was going on, I simply couldn’t shake that it might have been a better place for them altogether.  My opinion changed slightly once I found out that Lilah did have a degree in family medicine despite most of everything she had done thus far had been more witchy in nature.

     I stood by and watched as everything had unfolded, letting Cane and his brothers assist in tending to their parents.  I knew that it was the best thing for everyone at that point in time as Sandra and William lay together, in their marital bed, side by side.  I wished that they would wake up; if not for their sake, then for the sake of their family and friends that were slowly arriving and were currently overcrowding the main floor to the mansion, desperate for news on their well-being and lending their support.  So much love surrounded these premises and I couldn’t help but feel overly emotional at its presence and at the dedication that was shown towards this wonderful couple, to the Royal family, to the throne.

     I had recused myself to Cane and I’s bedroom for some much needed time alone.  I needed to mull things over and let the family be with each other.  Despite the fact that we had an overwhelming amount of people in this house waiting for news on Will and Sandy’s progress, I couldn’t bring myself to go down and greet them all; to address their every question and concern.  I mean, what would I say when I lacked faith in myself and my power to direct our side; wishing that I had someone by my side to help guide my path to this unavoidable leadership.  I chose to lie down and close my eyes for a few moments in hopes that something would come to me – just an answer, anything.  In its stead, darkness enveloped me.

     I was in some sort of garden, somewhere I had never been.  My surroundings were of the utmost beautiful sight that I or anyone could possibly behold.  Footsteps in the distance rang in my ears; the crunching of leaves and twigs, the rushing of wind through the tree branches of the weeping willows that surrounded the clearing I found myself in the center of, the sweet scent of the honeysuckle at the forest edging.  I couldn’t shake the peace and happiness that invaded my senses; or the smile that spread across my face when the footsteps stopped and I turned.

     “Mom?  Dad?”  I ran for them, only for my father, my adopted father that is, held up his hand to halt my advances.  Coming to a full stop, my smile turned into a frown, my brows furrowed in confusion.  “But why?  Why can’t I come to you?  I need you now, more than ever.”  I pleaded but my mother began to shake her head and they both pointed their indexes in the direction that matched where their gazes were focused which was directly behind me.  I turned.

     A hooded and cloaked woman sat before me, surrounded by the ever so stereotypical and ridiculously cloth-cladded table and crystal ball.