Chapter 2

Before I could even ask what an underworld was, I was being dragged by the man, his strong pale white hand clasped in mine.

   His voice was breathless as we rushed down the dark red corridors “Now, Evangeline, I don’t want you to panic, but technically, you’re dead”

   I dug my heels into the carpet “WHAT?! How is that even possible?”

   “You’re one of the night children now.” He said hesitantly. My gaze must have been blank because he elaborated. “Vampire”

   I was silent for a few seconds and then burst out laughing.

   “Listen, whatever you name is-”

   “Raphael” He interrupted.

   “Yeah, yeah whatever. That is the stupidest idea ever! What planet are you from?”

   Raphael looked at me incredulously “What on earth did they teach you in school?”

   “Well, I am sorry, but they didn’t have ‘how to suck blood 101’ at London Art School! Now im going to pinch my self and I’ll wake up”

   I pinched my arm hard, closing my eyes. When I opened them, Raphael was still standing there, an amused smile on his face.

   “So…It’s true? Im a freakin vampire ? ” I asked. Raphael nodded, face solemn. “I’m sorry Evangeline”

   I laughed, my voice echoing as Raphael began pulling me along again. “Are you kidding me? This is so cool!”

   Raphael’s eyes widened and I started to crack up again.

   “This-is…Like Twilight!” I gasped, giggling like an insane person. Hell, I probably was!

   “I’m sorry, what are you talking about?” He said, confused. This made me laugh even harder. Every girl my age knew what Twilight was!

   “Never mind. It’s a human thing” I said, as Raphael turned one last corridor to face a black door with a wooden ‘506’ on it.

   Raphael gestured to the door “Violet is in here. She is another one of our students here. Feel free to ask her your questions” He said, turning away. I gripped his shoulder.

   “Wait! I still have questions! Like, do I have super strength? Do I have super speed? Because that would be sooo cool! And please oh please tell me I don’t do the sparkly gay thing.” I was shouting down the corridor now, Raphael turning the corner.

   How rude? I turn into a vampire and he ignores me!

   Sighing I knock on the door. No answer. I knock on the door again, but just enter when no-one answers.

   A girl with raven black hair was lolled on a black wooden 4 poster bed, her white limbs sprawled. She had lips the colour of rose petals and round cheeks, her long black eyelashes casting shadows on her closed eyelids. She was beautiful to say the very least.

   There were elegant doves painted on the walls that seemed to move when hit by the light, and a white vanity sat in the corner of the room. The light above was bright and obnoxious, I wondered how the girl could sleep.

   “I thought vampires didn’t sleep” I murmured. I guessed everything I knew now was a lie.

   I cautiously approached the girl on the bed, peering at her. She didn’t appear to be breathing. I poked her cheek.

   “Do you mind” She mumbled in an irritated, sleepy voice.

   I yelped and jumped backwards as the girls eyes shot open, dark blue almost violet, with the same gold band.