Chapter 17

The next day, my burns where gone. The stuff Raphael had put on my skin seemed to have healed it completely, even though I probably hadn’t needed it. It was a weekend, and I planned to sleep in. I giggled in happiness at a full day in this warm bed…

   Then the doorbell rang, and the happiness turned into pissed off.

   Then when I saw who it was, it went away. Then it turned into royally pissed off.

   “Come back to finish me off have you?” I accused hands on my hips. Violet was standing next to me having dragged herself out of bed, with a pissed look on her face. I had told her everything about the Damen situation…lets just say she didn’t find him so hot anymore.

   “No!” Damen protested, a hurt look in his eyes that almost made me apologise. “I came to apologise…”

   “She doesn’t want your apologies!” Hissed Violet, her usually elegant manner gone. This Violet was hostile and dangerous.

   "I get it. You’re sorry. Now leave.” I said, almost shutting the door in his face. He stopped it with his hand.

   “Evangeline!” He pleaded, puppy dog eyes making me melt “I wanted to know if-if…” He glanced at Violet “You wanted to get coffee.”

   I stared, sure it was a joke. “You what?” I spluttered. Violet was stunned.

   “You, me, Coffee.” Damen said simply.

   “Like…A date?” I asked. I’m not sure what to think of that.

   “I guess. But if you don’t want to…” He trailed off, looking incredibly uncomfortable. I almost laughed he looked so embarrassed. I allowed myself a small chuckle.

   “No, no, its OK. I’ll just get changed…” Damen only just seemed to notice my sheer nightgown, and he blushed and turned around.

   “I’ll wait out here.” He said before shutting the door. Violet pouted at me.

   “What happened to sticking your ground Eve?”

   “Don’t call me that!” I said, and scrambled in my closet of clothes for something decent to wear.

   Nope. Nada.

   All I had was a pair of jeans with a hole in and a plain blouse. Not exactly flattering but hey, it’s not like they had a shop down here. I started to yank the blouse over my head when it was yanked back and torn into pieced by Violet.

   I glared at her “Hey, now what am I supposed to wear?”

   “You’ll be thanking me later, you shouldn’t be caught dead in that. Here.” She said, and pulled out an outfit from her wardrobe.

   It was a dress, and immediately I cringed. It was floaty and light blue, like the gentle waves on the sea. It was simple and lovely, but still…a dress?

   Before I could protest Violet was yanking it over my head “Hey, what do you think your-.”

   She thrust me towards the mirror, and opposite me was a beautiful girl. The blue dress seemed to go with my honey coloured eyes strangely enough, and the fabric was light and airy around my knees. Hopefully it would be sunny out. Violet applied a little makeup to my face before letting me go; a gentle gold eye liner and mascara, and I opened the door.

   Damen turned around, opened his mouth to say something and then stopped. I did a slight twirl “What do you think?”

   “I think you look…Beautiful.” He stuttered. My heart did a little back flip then, and I had to remind myself that he didn’t like me that way. This was just as friends.