Chapter 21

Ten minutes later, and the vines were cut. The humans stretched their restricted limbs, and we took out their tubes that took away their blood.

   “Thanks.” Said the girl who had spoken before, and I smiled.

   “No worries kid.” I smiled back, but secretly, I knew we were in deep shit. I mean, Damen knocked out Larissa, I knew Phoenix’s secret and we just unhooked the main blood supply.

   So now, we stood scratching our chins without a clue what to do!

   “We need to find another blood source, quick. They’re going to wonder what’s up when they’re running low on AB or something!” I said, watching the girl flinch.

    I heard more thumping from upstairs, coming down into the room fast. Shit shit shit shit…

   Damen and I shared a glance; this was it, we were found out. Unless we could kill the person, which I would be more than happy to do…

   It was Kade.

   “Kade?” Kade smiled when he saw Amy, and dropped the boxes he had in his arms so he could sweep her up into his arms. He gently kissed her as she wept in happiness…Ah, so sweet. Is this what me and Damen looked like?

   “Guys, crisis here!” I said, making them jump apart. Kade placed Amy back onto the ground and linked his fingers into hers. He picked up one of the huge boxes with his hands.

   “I knew you were down here! I went to the library to find Amy, and she wasn’t there. There was a weird looking door open in there though…” He saw our horrified looks “No, no, I shut it don’t worry. But seriously, next time you do that, shut the door. Anyone could have come down here!”

   “Yeah, yeah, spare the lecture. Plan would be appreciated right now.”

   Kade chuckled “Yeah, I was bringing these into the storage but obviously I ended up here.” He looked around, gazing t the human faces and then raising his eyebrows “And I take it you have a valid reason as to why there are humans here?”

   “This, Kade, has been the source of our food. Blood from an innocent.”

   Kade raised a hand to his lips “Then shouldn’t we all be rogues?”

   “It doesn’t work like that I guess. We didn’t know, ad besides, we didn’t get it first hand. Phoenix, however, did…”

   “Whoa, what? That means….”

   I nodded “Phoenix must be rogue.”

   We all looked at each other and shared a moment. We had all been played; our leader was a monster….and that didn’t explain why Phoenix’s eyes were gold around the edge, some kind of glamour? I didn’t ask.

   “So, what’s in the crate?”

   “Well, it was blood for us, but I guess we're going to need to hook it up to the main supply.”

   Kade opened the first large box, and there was a huge tankard of blood. It would probably feed about everyone up there for a day, and there were three boxes. That gave us about three days. Talk about pressure…

   We hooked up the tank to the tubes, so the blood would be transferred to the top.

   “Well, that will be fine for now. We’ll be back later, and maybe we can sneak you some food or something.” I said, smiling in reassurance to everyone. They all waved their thanks, and we exited the underground torture.

   **********

   “Crap, she won’t fit in! Fat bitch...Been drinking too much O positive...”

I shoved harder, trying to shove Larissa into the closet. Amy and Kade helped me, and Damen had asked me to take care of the body while he went and got Raphael for something. I hope this is what he meant…

   “Evangeline! What are you doing?” I whipped around, and Damen was there with a wide eyed Raphael next to him.

   “Taking care of her like you asked….”

   “Yes, but no by shoving her in a closet! Your so…Evangeline.” He chuckled and I glared “But that’s why I love you.”

   I grinned and jumped up to peck his cheek avoiding Raphael’s eyes the whole time.

   Raphael coughed “I have the memory potion…” He stuck his long white hand into his pocket and fished around for a bit, searching for the potion. He pulled it out and tipped some into Larissa’s mouth. Then, Damen hooked an arm under Larissa’s body and hauled her over his shoulder.

   He plonked her into the library chair; luckily it was deserted, this would have taken some explaining. Meanwhile, Kade and Amy were sucking face.

   I reached out and pulled Kade away “Guys, there are vampires present.”

   “Well, duh!” Said Amy, pulling him back to her. Oh well, I tried…

   “Hey, this dating system really went down the drain, huh?” Said Damen. I narrowed my eyes and pouted.

   “Disappointed? Annabelle you’re type after all?” I asked, jealousy shining through, even though I knew it was stupid. Im a girl! Well, a girl vamp…

   Damen chuckled, then looked serious “Of course not. I prefer the insane ones…” I playfully slapped his arm and leaned up for a kiss. His lips were warm and dry at first, but I soon fixed that with a flick of my tongue. He opened him mouth for me so I could explore every inch of it. One of his hands touched my waist, and the other cupped my face. He slid his hands down, grazing the outline of my breasts. I gasped, pressing against him for more…

   “Ehem.”

   Raphael stood there, eyes dead. “I think you’ve dragged me into enough trouble for today, so I’m just going to leave.”

   And then he left.

   “Man bitch.” I said, which made Damen laugh. “What, is he like PMSing or something?”

   Amy made an ‘ew’ sound, and somehow, the mood had been lightened up despite the situation. I knew I should be running after Raphael, begging for him to come back. But I was done with his jealousy. He wasn’t who I thought he was.

   “Graduation soon. You got a dress yet Evangeline?” Amy said, interrupting my thoughts. I shook my head, and Amy gasped.

   “Hey, just because we’re stuck with losers doesn’t mean we can’t look good!” Me and Amy commenced full girl talk, and Damen and Kade looked lost. Guys…

   “We have to go find one for you!” Amy said, dragging me out of the library and leaving the boys behind. Suddenly giddy, I nodded and we left to stand by the steps to ‘the top’

   “Come on then!” Amy said noticing my hesitation.

   I chewed a hangnail “We need permission or something?” Amy shook her head.

   “No. Well, I hope not. Come oooon!”

   I laughed, and Amy slid open the door, letting the daylight flood in.

   Funny how much happiness shopping brings for us girls! Hopefully, not too much shit will go down while we’re gone.

   Given my track record, that wasn’t much hope at all.