Chapter 1

“Will she wake?”

   “It will be a miracle. They hardly ever survive…”

   Their voices were crisp as paper, their accents mixed. They were golden. Beautiful yet deadly. I slowly opened my eyes and gasped in shock. Everything was so clear. Before I had needed glasses, but not now.

   I gazed around, marvelling in this multicoloured dreamworld. The sun shone through the stain glass window and hit the sparkling diamond that hung by a silver thread, throwing multicoloured dots onto the dark red walls. And wow, I couldn’t believe it. When Bella Swan had said she saw an 8th colour, I though she was stupid. I had to hand it to the whiny bitch though, she was right.

   Paintings dotted the wall giving the room an older kind of feel to it. The walls were a dark red colour and matched the bed I lay in, except it was decorated with black ornate swirls.

   Wait…No way! The Mona Lisa was on the wall opposite me. I didn’t even know how they got that. Some kind of mafia? Ha!

   One Male and one female stepped closer to me, kind expressions on their pale faces.

   Their eyes were so startling, I could see every tiny pigment in each eye. And the colour! The man’s was red like Gabriel’s, but wasn’t the same deep blood red. It was a strawberry kind of red, kind and warm, and a tiny gold ring decorated the outside of the pupil.

   The woman had the same kind expression in her bright blue eyes. They were the kind of blue you saw in photo shopped pictures, or blue contacts. I knew they weren’t because of the identical gold ring around her pupil, like the male.

   “She’s a tough one. Shouldn’t have survived with all that blood loss.” She nodded towards the man, a clipboard in his hand. “This one’s gold. That’s good. Been running low since the -ehem- incident.”

   The man scribbled something down on his clipboard.

   Incident ? Gold ? What a bunch of crazies!

   The man held out his hand softly “Now, You’re probably not going to remember your name, but-”

   I interrupted “It’s Evangeline Harper!” I scoffed “Why the hell wouldn’t I know my name? You better tell me right now what’s going on or I swear to-to-to” My tongue went numb when I tried to say it. God. Urghh! Why couldn’t I just say it? I’d been saying it my whole life!

   The man looked at me with something that looked like…pity?

   “Now, calm down. You can’t get too agitated. It’s only been 24 hours since birth.”

   I flung my hands up in the air “What the hell are you going on about? I hate to break it to you, but it's been exactly 16 years since my birth!”

   Something tingled in my hands and a sparkling, blinding ribbon of light shot out, burning a black hole in the ceiling.

   “Whoa...How…?”

    I just stared at my hands as the woman jumped back viciously, and the man swore softly.

   “She’s more powerful that we thought” said the woman gently, and scribbled something on her clipboard.

   The man nodded. “I suggest we send her to Violet. She’ll explain what’s going on”

   “What’s going on?” I demanded childishly, hands on hips. I probably looked like I was three, but at this point I didnt even care.

   “Evangeline Harper, Welcome to the Underworld...”