Survival Skill 10: Thou must be a zombie

As if on cue, the twins woke up and, unfortunately, Tim smelled the delicious scent of the pizza. He jumped off the couch and went hurdling at the door. “What’s that?” he asked excitedly.

“Pepperoni and Cheese pizza, my dear child” Rex said, grinning down at Tim. Tim’s eyes went wide open and his lips formed an ‘O’. “I’d love to share this with you if your pretty sister lets me in.” Rex bargained.

Great! Rex Parker uses my adorable yet equally as annoying brother to get inside my house. Devious Rascal.

“Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please!...” Tim said swiftly and he kept repeating these lines until I nodded my head after giving Rex a death glare.

Rex gave me a triumphant smile before entering the house then placing the pizza box on the table. “Dig in!” he told Tutti and Tim, who gladly took a slice.

I rolled my eyes. Using children, how pathetic.

“Aren’t you going to eat?” Rex asked before biting a slice of his own.

“Carbs,” I averted my gaze at the delicious-looking, greasy, carb-induced pizza.

He chuckled. “Come on! It’s just pizza.” I ignored him and decided to go back to watching Tyra. But instead of leaving me alone, Rex took a slice of pizza from the table and shook it in front of my face before I even got close to leaving. “You know you want it.”

Of course, I want it. It was pizza for crying out loud! But I needed to stay firm with my diet or else I would turn back into the pig I was in freshmen year,

“Come on, George,” he taunted before taking a bite of his slice.

Sh*t! That pizza looks delicious! The cheese looked stringy and the smell was intoxicating.

“It tastes like amazing.” Rex said dreamily with his mouth full while closing his eyes.

Before I could even stop myself, I grabbed the pizza he was holding in front of me and started chomping it down. Sh*t! It was delicious! It literally tasted like heaven. I hadn't eaten pizza in a while now.

Rex let out a chuckle while Tutti and Tim giggled. 

“So, help me, Rex, if I gain a pound because of you I will make sure this will be the last pizza you’ll ever taste!” I threatened while I continue eating my pizza.

Rex was about to reply when Tutti went up to him.“Excushe me, Mister. Why are you here?” Tutti asked, tugging at Rex’ shirt hem.

“Oh! I’m here on a date with your sister!” Rex answered, hauling Tutti up in his arms.

I, of course, started choking on my pizza.

“Whoa!” Rex exclaimed while rubbing my back with his free hand. “Easy there, Tiger!”

I glared at him while Tutti giggled in his arms.

“Where’s Mommy?” Tim suddenly asked with a mouth full of pizza.

“She’s out with Pop, Tim” I answered as I took a final bite of my pizza and proceeded hauling Tim up in my arms. Rex grinned at me while I gave him a bored expression. What the hell was he so happy about?

“So, what do you guys wanna do?” Rex asked cheerfully.

I wanted him to leave me alone so I could make the twins watch cartoons and I could babysit them in peace but, obviously, that was not happening.