Survival Skill 23: Thou must impress Dad (Part 1)

So. I wasn't suppose to update yet because it's not finished but I decided to update anyway because I won't be able to update this week if so. So, yeah, I split it to two parts.

And I was just too excited for this part. You guys will see why. :3

George and Rex' outfit at the side ---->

(Unedited)

****

Georgina Rodriguez

I was wringing my hands together as I walked back and forth in my room. God, this was going to be disaster. I could feel it.

“Will you stop walking around like a madwoman?” Jamie asked in monotone as he lay on my bed.

“I can’t.” I hissed at him. “This whole dinner is going to be disastrous.”

“No, it won’t.” he assured, waving me off as he started tossing my pillow up then catching then tossing it again.  “You’re overreacting.”

I glared at him. “This is all your fault, Jamie.”

Apparently, my accusation distracted him and he didn’t catch the pillow he was tossing, making it land flat on his face. I rolled my eyes as he scrambled to get up. “Me?” he questioned. “Me?”

“Yes, you.” I growled before stalking out of my room. I ignored him and his continuous defense for himself as I stomped downstairs. Grabbing the carton of orange juice, I glared at my brother who continued to follow me to the kitchen.

“You have to stop blaming me for this.” he continued to defend, his long-sleeved button down un-tucking itself from his slacks due to his erratic movement.

Dad told us to wear something formal and we did. Jamie wore a forest green long-sleeved button down and dark blue slacks while I decided to wear a denim dress with little dots along it with my nude flats. I also wore a fair amount of make-up and pinned my hair to the side to add a bit of girly effect. I didn’t want Patty to comment of how I didn’t look like a lady enough.

“Well, it is your fault.” I pointed out before drinking the orange juice straight from the carton. I didn’t bother getting a glass when I was stressed.

“I did you a favor George.” he said. “At least you didn’t have to tell Dad yourself.”

“That’s exactly what I wanted to do.” I said in exasperation as I slammed the carton on the counter. “If I would’ve told him, maybe we wouldn’t have to have dinner with Patty.” I saw Jamie grimace a bit at the mention of my step mother’s name.

To be honest, Patty wasn’t that bad.

Okay, maybe she was a little bad.

The thing about Patty was that she was very hard to please. Have an A for a test? Why wasn’t it an A+? Won an art showcase contest? Show her the freakin’ art and she would scoff at it. Had a previous family? Criticize and scrutinize every detail of how unimpressive his children were.

She and Dad had almost gotten a divorce when Patty thought that Dad was getting too involved with his previous family and that, according to her, they couldn’t start a new one. That was the reason of Dad’s two year absence in me and Jamie’s life. Dealing with Patty became his main priority during that time.

Don’t worry. Patty wasn’t like the step mother from Cinderella but she was sure as hell a notch or two close to how critical that villain was.

“Okay, you got me on that one.” Jamie admitted, scratching the back of his head.