"Expectation is the root of all heartache"

Shakespeare was right when he said "Expectation is the root of all heartache."

Test season, as I like to call it is, coming up. That means finals and stuff like the SAT or ACT or whatever kind of test you take. For some, it's entrance exams for college.  It's a very stressful time of year.  Some people test really easily, for others, like myself, we suck at testing. I'm sure some of you can relate to both senarios.

And as if the stress of just studying and hoping to get a good grade on a test isn't enough, people around you, your friends, family, heck maybe even your dog (probably not though) have high expectations for you.  You have to do your best to your best.  I get good grades, but I'm also not afraid to admit that I'm average. I'm not an AP student, I do take honors math and science, but that's it. So, with test season coming up, I'm extremely stressed and I keep thinking about all of the great expectations people have for me. So, I had to step back and say to myself "Self, this is your life, your choices. You don't have to pass or meet anyone's expectations, as long as you do your best and you know it." And I want to give the same advice to you. Go into this season knowing that if you do your best, that's great!

I wish you the best of luck on all your tests. Love y'all!

Heart cactus believes in you!

P.S. Did anyone get my Charles Dickens reference? Heehee.