1

Phil walked down the halls of school quickly with a look of destruction on his face. He knew he was going to be late to his next class, so he saw no point in trying to hurry since nobody cared about what he did or was too frightened by him to try anything. He was aware of this, and always made sure to use it to his advantage. Phil almost didn't notice himself bumping into someone in his attempt to get out of the retched hallway. 

And he bumped into none other that Dan Howell himself. He felt his heart quicken, knees grow weak and palms beginning to turn sweaty at the sight of the brunette. He almost lost his stone cold expression when he saw him. It was all so fast and he knew he had to say something so Dan doesn't believe that Phil's good, no matter how much he wants him to. 

"Watch where you're going blowhard!" Phil said loudly to Dan as much as it hurt him. Dan didn't even know what he meant but he just smiled up at Phil, knowing he would have needed it.

"Stop smiling at me. It's fucking weird," Phil says and Dan just keeps smiling.

"I hope you have a lovely day," He says before nodding to Phil and walking past him, which made Phil's heart flutter. 

"Thanks," he mutters before looking down and giving himself a quick smile and kept walking, even though the bell had rung already. 

Phil eventually got to class, which happened to be child development. He never really got to work with the kids because he knew that he scared them, which in his opinion was good because he didn't want to deal with wiping their noses when the sneezed or whatever. 

"Ah, Mr, Lester. So nice of you to join us," The teacher, Mr. Clark said.

Phil didn't say anything before he walked over to his desk and sat down. The teacher started speaking of the new project coming up where he would assign partners and one would have to wear a fake pregnancy belly for a week. He went over how they were to use the bellies and not take them off unless to shower. Even the men had to wear them since there were not many girls in that hour. 

"I'll be giving you the names of your partners tomorrow, but for now, I need some of you could go help the children with nap time," Mr. Clark said.

Not many students rose their hand because many of them knew how shitty nap time was. The kids never wanted to sleep when they had to and it was over all frustrating. Except for Dan. He can do every thing perfectly. 

"Okay, looks like I'll have to pick people to go, since Mr. Howell seems to be the only one who wants to do it." Clark said.

"That's because he's the only one who knows how," A boy said.

"Hey now, I'm sure that's not true." He said, scanning the room. "Lester, why don't you go help Howell with the kids?"

Phil silently swore under his breath before getting up and grabbing his bag, knowing this would take a while. He followed Dan out of the classroom and would be lying if he said he didn't look at Dan's ass every once in a while.

"So you know what to do?" Dan asked, turning to Phil.

Phil shrugged, placing his bag down on one of the tiny chairs. Dan thought for a moment before asking Phil a question.

"Do you have little siblings?"

"Yeah," Phil said.

"Well how do you put them to sleep?" Dan asked, smiling slightly.

"There goes my heart again", Phil thought. 

Phil shrugged once again and Dan sighed, walking over to the fourteen or so kids and smiling at them and saying hello. 

If Phil were home, he would make up a bedtime story to tell his little brother and sister, or sing to them, which was almost all of the time. Dan got an idea and walked over to Phil, smiling.

"There's the new Beauty and the Beast moving coming out soon," He says smiling.

"And?"

"We could sing them the song. Do you know the words?" Dan asked.

"Yeah. I guess."

Of course he did. He always sand that to his brother and sister. The two walked over to the ground of children laying on the carpet with small blankets over them and pillows under their heads. Dan and Phil took a seat on the little chairs and Dan told them what they were going to do.  Before they knew it, Dan was singing Celine Dion's part to the beautiful song.

"Tale as old as time. True as it can be, barely even friends, then somebody bends, unexpectedly." Dan sings, giving the kids soft smiles and patting down the hair of one of them to calm them down.

Phil gets lost in the sound. The way he sang the melody and his dynamics were perfect.  Every time he hit a high note, Phil felt his stomach flip. The way Dan's lips moved and the way the children began to close their eyes before drifting off to a land of dreams was beautiful. Everything he did was beautiful. Phil almost missed his part from staring at Dan for so long. 

"Just a little change. Small to say the least. Both a little scared, neither ere prepared. Beauty and the Beast," Phil sung, looking over at Dan, to see him looking back at him, receiving a small smile form the brunette. 

"He's my Beauty"
, Phil thinks, "And I hope I can be the Beast he learns to love."

Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked it!! :)