Chapter 2

I wake up and remember that today is the day that I get the letter telling me if I am accepted. I can't wait. I jump out of bed, get some clothes on and head for the front door. I open the door and notice the mailman and he says, "Good morning, sir." I ask him if there is any mail for me, he says there is and that it is from the American Army. I get so excited that I grab the letter and run inside without even saying good bye.

I open the letter and start reading. "Hello Mr. Antion. We are happy to say that you have been accepted to the Army. But, if you do not complete or meet the expectations of training, you will be rejected. You will begin training in three days at 1342 Wall Street, San Diego. We have given you a plane ticket, it is in the envelope".

I am so excited, I actually got accepted! But the part about the training worries me. What if I can't do it? What if I get kicked out? What will I do? I will be back to my normal, boring life. What am I saying? I can do it. I am a well fit man and I have some gun experience from hunting, so I should be fine. As soon as I get home, I think about how in a couple days I will be leaving this house for a long time if I manage to pass training.

I wake up and realize that today is a very special day, today is the day I leave for training. I quickly get on some clothes and head for the door. I already packed my bags so they are ready when I leave. It is about an hour drive so I get on my way. When I'm there, I park my car and enter the airport, and it is busy. But I notice that there is a line for men like me, going for training. I walk up to the line. It is not close to the size of the normal line, so that’s a relief. When I am at the front of the line, the security guard asks for my name. I tell him, then he looks at list and says, "Go ahead." 

When it is time for us to board the plane, we sit in our seats, the attendants say a few things and then we take off. About 4 hours later we land and we get out. I take my luggage and I leave, and at the door someone hands me a piece of paper with the time I have to be at the training. I grab it and leave. When I reach the doors, I open them and step out into the warmth. I am ready, I think to myself. I can do it, I will succeed.

~I would like to thank @_maykenzie for editing this chapter it was a big help.