Chapter 12

After we have rested we finally get up and start down the hill. Once we were about a kilometer out we began to stealthily approach the town. We make it to the town and we huddle against the side of a house to discuss our plan.

"Ok, we need to make it to that bell tower and climb to the top so we can get a better view on the town." I say.

"And also if we encounter any enemies we must not fire at them unless they see us ."

We start to slowly make our way around the town. But once we turn a corner about 100 meters down the road there is a team of about 10 people walking down the road towards us. One of them notices us and starts to scream and they begin firing their guns towards us. I start yelling at my squad to retreat to a near by church. Once we got in we set up a position to defend ourselves. We waited patiently for our oncoming doom.

Out side we could hear lots of foot steps and men yelling in German. Finally, about 20 Germans sprint into the church, our squad shoots many of them an continue to fire on any that made it behind cover. But as we tried to kill them more and more pile into the church.

We weren't gonna last much longer, we were running out of bullets and there were way to many Germans.

Then in what felt like a century I watched as everyone of my squad mates got shot and finally I watched as the Germans rushed towards me and a second later, a huge wave of pain shot through my stomach and everything went black.