Chapter 1

As I walk along the streets of town to do my errands for today, I notice something in the corner or my eye. When I looked over I noticed it was just a poster telling me "Join The War!".

Of course I had thought about joining before. "Maybe I should join." I think to myself it would be good for me and a good thing for the country. "Stop it." I think to myself you have errands to do, let the idea sit while you do work.

Later that day when I finished my work, I went home and cooked some dinner. Then a little later I went to bed. As I lay here the idea of joining the army races through my mind and I know what I am going to do, I am going to join the war!

Early the next morning, I wake up feeling great. Today is the day I will go apply to join the army. When I get up I find that I feel happier than normal.  I assume it is because I found something good to do with my life.

I eat some eggs and toast for breakfast, then head straight for the military office in town. When I get in I notice that the place is packed full, "Wow" I think too myself. This is going to be a long wait. Finally it is my turn. When I come up to the counter and the only thing the man on the other side of the counter does is hand me a large stack of papers and say "Fill it out.".

So I grab a clip board and go at it. Thirty minutes later I'm done and I go and hand it to the man and he says "We will get back to you in a week." So I leave knowing this is going to be a long week.