Chapter 13

I open my eyes and become instantly blinded by the light around me. I slowly shift my body into a siting position. I begin to remember what had happened, I remember a large fire fight against some Germans and I remember watching my squad mates get shot around me. Then all of the sudden the pain hits me.

I gazed down at my stomach and I dreaded ever looking. There was a bullet wound right in the middle of my stomach and it was bleeding at a terrifying rate. Remembering my train I quickly grab the first aid kit and wrap a bandage around the wound.

I look around to see if and of my squad mates were alive or missing, but sure enough it looked like they were a dead. Until, in the corner of my eye I notice movement and I quickly get up to see what it was. I was consumed with joy when I saw it was Will and he had also begun waking up.

I run over to him and ask him if he is ok.

"I'm ok other then the couple bullets I have in my leg." Will replies.

I look down to his leg and notice two bullet holes in his thigh. I grab for my bandages and wrap up his leg and help him up.

I come up with a plan.

"I need you to stay here while I go scout out this town to see how many Germans are around and find a radio or some way to get a message to the British to come save us." I say.

He tells me that he want to come with me but I tell him I won't let him. I start to look around to see what supplies we have.

I found very little, one pistol that actually has ammo, some food, and a knife.

I tell Will to stay hidden and I begin to scout the town. I peek my head out from the church and notice no one around so I sprint over to a alleyway across the road. I walk to the end of the alley and peek around to see what was around.

Above the houses I see a big building that I assumed was the town hall, seeing the size and the location I believe that there is probably something there. I quickly make my way towards the building, once I beat it I make sure to be more careful.

As I round the next corner I peek around the corner and see a pair of Germans walking down the road and turn down a alley way.

I make a quick decision and turn around to track them. If this works I'll have a way to get a better look at the town hall with out getting noticed as easily.

I find the alley way the walked down and get against the wall beside it. I can hear them as they near.

As soon as they come into sight I lung at them with my knife and pistol in hand. I slash out at one German and make contact with his throat and he drops to his knees holding his neck.

The other German hits me in the chest with his gun and I stumble back but before he gets a chance to shoot me I slam the butt of my pistol into the side of his head.

I dragged both of the bodies into a building and took of their uniforms and put one on. Now that I look like a German solider I can get a better look at the building, all I have to make sure is that no one gets to close to me.

I step out of the building and head towards the town hall. I walk around the building until I find a back door and I walk up to the door.

I open the door slowly and check the room ahead of me, it is empty I give a sigh of relief and move into the room.

I check around for anything. I could use but I find nothing. I go over to the door to the hall way and open it up I check around the corner and see a German far down the hall facing away feel me so I wait a second then move to the next room. I continue to go around and check every room until finally I open a door and see a communications room ahead with two Germans facing the other way. I slowly walk into the room with my knife out, I walk behind the first man and drive the knife into his brain stem and turn and pounce on to the other solider and pin him to the ground and choke him. He flails out at me and connects with my bullet wound in my stomach and I fall off of him. He crawls away and pulls his knife from his belt. He stands up and runs towards me. He swings the knife at my head and I duck under it and punch him in the gut then I hit him again in the head. While he is stunned from the pain I grab his knife from his hand and jab him in the throat. As soon as he's down I quickly run over to the radio and call out a message stating Wills name and mine and request pick up just out side the town.

They reply saying to meet them in 6 hours at a certain road and I grab my knife from the mans neck and turn to leave the room. Just as I was about to get to the door someone opens it and I try to hit him but I miss and he runs the other way screaming and within seconds I hear lots of foot steps coming towards me.

I look out the door and see about 15 Germans coming towards me I turn and run towards the window, I'm on the second floor but this is the only way I can exit without being shot. I jump towards the window and I hit the window with my shoulder and I shatter the glass and begin to fall...