Chapter 5

I hear a loud noise coming from the entrance of the barracks, when my sense come to I realize it is our commander yelling at us.

He said "Good morning lady's, for the next couple weeks we will be working on gun training. So I expect you to be at the range in fifteen minutes, time starts now. GO GO GO!".

I get up and start to get ready. First, I get on my uniform then I take a second to get myself out of my sleepy state I'm in right now. Then I start out the door and to the range.

The night was terrible, first of the bed was the worst thing I have ever lay on, and second it did not feel right being there. I hope I don't become home sick.

If I become home sick it will really affect my training. But the thing is I don't know why I would be home sick I don't have a wife or children. Oh well, I'll be fine.

Finally I reach the range, I am the first person here other then my commander. I think I should be fine for this part. When I went hunting last year I didn't miss a single shot.

But there is something I noticed we aren't using rifles, they have a bunch of tommy guns those thing have no accuracy and a bunch I recoil. I now know this is gonna be a problem.

When everyone has arrived we get started. Our commander explains the basics of using the gun and then goes over the basic safety.

It's very simple to use the gun but shooting it is a different story. I took me about fifteen shots to hit near the chest of the dummy's they have out in the range. I notice the person on my left has destroyed his dummy.

It must have been a good forty-five minutes before I was consistently hitting the dummy. I'm just happy I wasn't in the real war about a hour ago or I would be dead meat.

Finally the shooting came to an end an for the rest of the day we did strength training. Finally it was over and we had a little while to be social so I headed over to Will.

I noticed when we were shooting he had just about the skill as I had, he was a little less fit then me but he was still strong compared to some people here.

I found him finally and he noticed me and came over to me.

We talked until it was time too sleep.

We were talking about training and how we felt about it and we got to realize that we had a lot of things in common.

I hope that we will end up in the same squad because it would be nice to have a friend. And with that the day came to an end and I think I'm ready for what ever these people throw at me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! I'm sorry that I have not been updating so I thought I would give this chaper to you guys. I hope I can give you guys more soon. Until next time. See ya!