Ch. 22 | Guest List

By 8pm everyone else was in attendance except for Fontaine's fancy man who by the looks of it was going to be a no show which had put her in a bit of a funk. She sat next to me around the table and we swirled and sipped our Bailey's.

"If he wasn't gonna come he could've just said so. I messaged him half an hour ago and he hasn't even bothered to reply," she pouts.

"Never mind Fonts; I'll be your date," I smile patting her shoulder.

Fontaine takes a generous sip of her drink and rests her head on my shoulder, "Fine, but I don't put out on the first date."

"Oh please," I scoff.

"Okay fine, maybe I do -but only when I'm really drunk."

I refill her cup, "Well drink up, sunshine."

"Desperate much?" Tyson chuckles, peeping at me from behind the black Polly Pocket who had decided that she preferred Ty's lap to her own chair.

I shrug, "Beggars can't be choosers."

"You're talking like there is a shortage of dick," Carmen interjects in her usual graceful manner.

"Maybe I'm tired of dick."

"You need to be tired of that drink 'cause it's got you talking rubbish! 'Tired of dick' my arse!"

"Carmen!" Yoshi hisses trying to remind her that we have company.

"What?"

Yoshi shakes her head and sighs deciding that it's better to let Carmen be Carmen.

"Anyway, are you lot ready to eat?"

"Do you even have to ask?" Bless replies patting his stomach.

"I'm starvin' like Marvin over here," Tyson adds. Angelica giggles. That wasn't even funny! Why is she being such a chick? Idiot.

I roll my eyes at Tyson, "Oh please Ty, I know for a fact that you ate something before you got here!"

"That was just a snack," he confesses, flashing his crooked smile at Angelica before planting a sweet kiss on her lips. From the way she blushes I sense that he isn't talking about eating food. I throw up in my mouth a little. I keep my smart comments to myself and the girls and I busy start getting the starters on the table. Angelica offers to help. I smile and tell her no.

Once all of the dishes are on the table everyone helps themselves, aside from Tyson, whose dutiful girlfriend takes it upon herself to serve him.

"Angelica you don't have to serve Ty; you're a guest. If anything he should be serving you," I smile, trying to hide my irritation. Why is she so on it?

Angelica smiles back as she continues piling up Tyson's plate.

"I don't mind."

"I know but_"

"Rio it's fine, really. I like catering to MY man." Maybe it's just me wanting to pick a fight, but I could've sworn she said 'my man' in that way that females do when they want to remind you that he isn't YOUR man. I looked at Carmen who shoots me a look back that only confirms my suspicions. Let it go Rio.

"Ok, but Angelica_"

"Rio, I've got it," she snaps. The girls pause what they're doing, looking back and forth between us, while the boys stay well out of it.

I arch my eyebrow, "I just wanted to tell you that YOUR man doesn't eat pork, sweetheart."

Angelica looks down at the four pigs in blankets she has put in his plate.