CH. 16 | Twitter

It's been two days since the latest Nathaniel catastrophe and I still haven't left my room. I'm supposed to be in my English Lit lecture, learning the things that I took out this student loan for...but Nathaniel's in that class, so instead I'm lazing about in my grey Nike hoody (that I've temporarily nicked back from Tyson as I have no plans to leave my room), alternating scrolling through timelines on my iPhone of Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr to see what the rest of the world is up to -ignorant banter, ass shots and feelings as per usual.

I'm not in the mood to socialise with anyone besides Tyson –the girls don't like it much, they want to know what's wrong, but right now I'd rather keep my distance until I can think about the situation without crying.

Aside from avoiding my girls, I'm hiding from the rest of society because according to Twitter there is a lot of speculation about my sex life. The last 'they' saw or heard, I had gone off drunk with Carter Johnson after spending the night in VIP cuddled up with him, so my name is milling around the Twittersphere as they come up with misconstrued facts of what we did (or rather did not) do. I knew that leaving with Carter would spark off some discussion, but the fact that I didn't actually do anything but was still getting called out for it is getting to me. This so called 'gossip' was apparently juicy enough to warrant a few indirects on Twitter via @KissTheSky.

I thought that mine and Sky's little feud was dead now, I haven't wasted a thought on her in a while, but it would seem as though she was far from over our spat. The only reason I haven't blocked that tramp is to keep tabs on her, and it's a good thing too because she can't seem to keep my name out of her mouth:

@KissTheSky: So she wants to talk shit about me, but she's leaving Sunday Slam with a man she don't know. LOL okay.

@KissTheSky: She let him beat. It's bait.

@KissTheSky: I thought CJ had standards. How does he go from @GeorgiaPeach to this beg :/

I had been so tempted to @ her and say something foul when this got retweeted onto my timeline:

@GeorgiaPeach: @KissTheSky lol once you've had the best you can't do better ;) talk about downgrade!

That bitch was fanning the flames just for the fun of humiliating me. She of all people knew that I didn't sleep with Carter because she popped up and found me at her new baby father's home. You'd think that getting knocked up would give her a touch of humility, but no. I was tempted to tweet about her news, but I knew it wouldn't make me feel better. It would be another way of me confirming the truth to myself and then for everyone who knew our history to see that she had won once again.

This is the reality of being an Unfamous; the gossiping, the judgmental looks, the fake people that cluster around you -not because they actually like you, but because they think that they can benefit from being your friend -and constant trivial dramas that only escalate because people are too concerned with their image to let things go? Right now I'm craving my previous background status where I could go through this meltdown without everyone having an opinion on it and misconstruing the truth. It is my life and I don't appreciate it being broadcasted as entertainment for social networks.

It's common to hear people blow it off as 'It's just Twitter', but that saying doesn't count for much in a city like London. We're all crammed in to such a tight space (it only takes just over an hour to get from one end to the other...depending on traffic) and everyone knows everyone, so because of this, what starts online has a habit of carrying over into 'real life'. I wasn't about to let them talk me down over social networks so I opted for a simple, mature cop out.