Don't Let Me Go

"Emily!! wake up time for school! You can't be late on your first day!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

Emily's POV:

Ugh I hate school. I don't get why we have to wake up at 6, go there for 8 hours, learn stuff that we most likely won't need to know in the future, come home and do MORE work. Isn't 8 hours enough?

I moaned and finally got out of bed. I felt like a zombie. I went into my bathroom, looked in the mirror and yawned. My hair was like a rats nest, I could smell my nasty breath and my eyes were so tired and droopy. Why? I kept asking myself. Why do I have to go?

I went to my closet and picked out something to wear. I wanted to look somewhat decent but also comfy. I picked out a pair of my Miss Me jeans and a oversized blue sweater and threw on my pair of black Ugg boots.

I went back into my bathroom and got ready. I brushed my curly hair. After brushing my hair for about 5 minutes I finally got out all the knots out. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and put a thick white headband on. I put on a little bit of makeup, just some mascara, thin eyeliner and some powder. I'm not a huge fan of lots of makeup, I mean a like it but I don't wanna look like a Barbie Doll. I brushed my teeth and sprayed perfume and I was ready to go.

I walked downstairs into my kitchen. "You look cute today" My mom said. I just smiled and nodded because I was just too tired to say anything. It was already 6:55. I felt like I was in the biggest rush. My bus comes at 7:00. I grabbed a pop tart and my backpack and ran out the door. "Bye mom love you". "Love you Em." she said. I ran outside and saw my bus at the end of my driveway. The bus driver opened the door and I jumped right on. "Good morning Emily" said my bus driver. He was mean to all the other kids and was nice to me. Which I think is a little bizarre. "Good Morning Steve" I said as I walked to the back of the bus where my seat is. When I reached my seat there was no one sitting in it. I sighed in relief because I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. First day of school is always hard. I go to Camp Tree Middle School. This is my last year here and I'm gonna finally be in high school next year. I couldn't wait to get out of that school because 4 years in it is just way too long!

As I was sitting in my seat alone with my head against the cold window I yawned and then looked through it. We stopped at a beautiful house. It looked like it was 5 stories tall, It had pretty landscaping and big pillars on the front. Now, I do live in London but I usually don't see lots of houses like this one. I saw a tall guy standing at the end of his driveway with a white tee on, black jeans and a yellow and black checkered backpack. He slowly got on the bus. I sat up tall to see where he was going to sit, every seat had two people in it, besides mine. He looked at me. I looked back and nodded my head. He came to my seat and sat down.

Asa's POV:

I'm really not in the mood to be going to school today. I just moved to Islington, London so this is my first time at this school. I'm originally from Bradford but my family moved here for my dads job. I hope I like it.

( *I know he was born in Islington, but I just wanted to change it up a little* )

I walked on the bus and saw this gorgeous girl. She had a blue sweater on, light brown curly hair and green eyes. There was no seat open on the bus beside hers. I felt kinda awkward being the new kid and sitting next to a girl I don't know. but I just had to do it.

Emily's POV:

"Hey, Sorry, I had no where else to sit." He said. His British accent was just mesmerizing. "It-It's ok." He smiled. We didn't talk again on the way to school. We just sat there. I eventually got on my phone and plugged in my earbuds and started listening to music. I could see out of the corner of my eye that he was looking down at my phone. That's when I flipped it over and realized that we arrived at school.

The driver opened the door and all the people went off the bus one by one. Me and the guy I was sitting next too were in the very back so we were the last ones off. We walked down the bus steps onto the concrete and walked inside the school. This place is torture, it really is.

I turned around and didn't see the guy anymore. The only thing I was really thinking was "I hope he is in some of my classes."

After about 15 minutes of sitting in the cafeteria we finally got dismissed to go to class. Everyone was pushing each other down the hallways and I was just walking at my own pace not really caring what time I walk into class.

We got our locker numbers durning the summer. I was locker number 620, I was really hoping that I was a top locker because bottom lockers suck. I walked slowly down the hallway looking for my locker and finally saw it! I was so glad I was a top locker!

I opened it up and stuck all the crap that was in my backpack into my locker. After that, I pulled out the stuff I thought I would need for my first class. I took out 2 books, 1 binder and 3 folders, closed my locker and headed to class. My first class was maths. Math as you call it in America. I walked in and there he was. His checkered backpack on his back, his nerdy glasses, his spiked up dark brown ( almost black ) hair and his baby blue eyes. I wasn't ALREADY falling for him was I..? I can't be this is crazy. no. I'm not.

I slowly walked over to an empty seat next to him and he just smiled. I sat down and thought "maybe today wasn't a bad day to come to school after all..?"