Looking To Apologize

Marcus

To say I was infuriated would be the understatement of the century. I bet my men around me could see anger waves radiating out of me. But I knew one thing- the anger was a mask. It was just covering the sorrow and pain that I felt.

For a moment there I really thought she was true to her word. That she actually had feelings for me -that we actually had a future together. I thought that a day might come when Arabella and I would start a family together, grow old together and one day I would give up my Alpha position so we could escape the world and live in solitude.

It's strange. A month ago all I wanted was a mate in order to gain more power and strength so that I could be the most feared Alpha and never have to give up my position. Now, that all seems so pointless and stupid because I have actually found my mate.

At the end of the day I suppose that was all just a mere fantasy -it was just too good to be true because Arabella was never true to her word. And do you want to know the saddest part about the whole situation? The part that makes me was to jump off a cliff? It is the fact that I am madly, truly, deeply in love with the beautiful vixen known as Arabella. Now she is gone.

My men mind linked me saying that she had left the territory and was on rogue land. I told them to come back, yet there was a part of me that just wanted them to follow her, to make sure that she was safe and that no harm came to her. Yet my ego took over the best of me and I left her on her own.

I felt like such a dick. That's the only way to describe it. I had captured her, taken her into my home and kept her close. Now suddenly, I just threw her on the side of the street like a piece of trash without warning. She literally had nothing on her. I should have given her time to pack! What if she gets stuck alone in an unknown part of the forest? What if rogues attacked her? What if she lost her way? She could die alone in the middle of nowhere! Damn it! She was out there by herself with no money, no food, no water and no shelter... my mate was gone.

My heart broke thinking of all the endless possibilities of something going wrong.

No! She deserves it! She lied to me! Besides, I know one thing, which is Arabella is a strong girl, she is a survivor. Just by looking at her I could tell that she had been through so much, yet she made it out with her head on her shoulders and her strong attitude. That is one of the things I admire about her the most.

'Open the cell!' I instructed the guards outside the prison as I made my way to Sebastian and Ryder's prison.

The gates off the cell were opened and I stepped into the silver-infested prison as I marched with my entourage of pack members all the way into the prison. We walked till the very end of the soggy passage until we reached the last shabby cell in the cramped up corner. Behind the bars of the jail, I cold make out the two figures belonging to Sebastian and Ryder with both their arms chained to the cold stonewalls of the gloomy cell.

'So you are the two rouges that brainwashed my mate and then tried to steal her from me?' my voice boomed through the bars to the other side of the jail.

They both looked up at me with anger and hatred in their eyes.

'So you are the son of a bitch that brainwashed our friend into believing that you two are mates!' spat Ryder with venom dripping out of his tone and Sebastian managed to keep a composed expression.

'Don't you dare talk to me like that! Arrogant pup! You have no idea what I am capable off!' I seethed back.

'Oh yeah? What did you do to her? Did you torture her until she accepted that she had no choice but to be your mate? Did you hypnotize her? Threaten her? We all know that a gifted wolf like her doesn't have a mate!' he spat at me.

'Watch you mouth you-' I began, but was cut off by the Sebastian.

'He didn't do anything. The two of them really are mates, Ryder,' he spoke.

'What the hell man? She betrayed us! You know that better than anyone! Why are you supporting her and justifying her betrayal?' he asked with genuine confusion. I paused, not knowing what to say and listened intently to what Sebastian had to say.

'I was infuriated and slightly suspicions when she came to the cell. I thought maybe she had gone a bit mad or that Marcus was bribing her loyalty. Yet, I could see this small tint of sadness in her eyes. I didn't know what that was at the time, but now I do. It was sadness and sorrow from being away from her mate. I can see the same tint of sorrow in Alpha Marcus. The only possible conclusion is that they really must be mates,' he said.

'That is preposterous!' exasperated Ryder.

'Agreed. It really is very messed up, but it is true,' Sebastian solemnly spoke.

'Now that it is established that Arabella is my mate, tell me why you decided to take her from me?' I stated, folding my arms over my chest.

'Well, obviously we thought that you had caught her and were going to hurt her,' Sebastian said. Just the thought of hurting my precious mate had my heart sinking.

'Or worse- hand her over to that good for nothing Alpha Nathaniel!' added on Ryder.

That statement had me curious. Why was she so scared of him? I guess now is a good time as ever to get my answers.

'Why is she so scared of Alpha Nathaniel?' I asked.

They both looked at each other with blank expressions and then simultaneously looked back at me.

'You are saying that you don't know?' asked Sebastian in shock?

'Well, we don't know the exact story either; Arabella wouldn't tell us. She said the less people that knew about it the better,' said Ryder. 'But she did state that she found out about something that she wasn't supposed to. When Nathaniel realized that, he decided to hunt her down and anybody that tried to help her. We briefly met her and she told us all this. She was scared, damn I think that was probably the only time I have ever seen her scared! She said that Nathaniel wanted power and he wasn't going to stop at just finding his mate. He was going to eliminate all the competition. He was going to kill you Marcus,' said Ryder.

'Oh shit!' Sebastian suddenly exclaimed.

'What is it?' I asked.

'Damn it! Crap! Oh Lord! Before we entered your territory we came across a few of his men! We didn't think much of it at the time, but they are waiting! They are going to ambush her!' cried out Sebastian.

'Oh no! We should have gotten rid of them!' yelled Ryder. 'I wish I could take back what I said!'

And in that moment, so did I.

I looked at my guards and gave them a nod. Instantly, half of them turned around and began running after her, following her scent.

I turned around and began running.

'Wait!' Ryder called, just as I was about to take off.

'What is it?' I asked.

'I think all three of us owe her an apology. She is like a sister to us and we are worried about her too. Please let us come. We just want to keep her safe. We owe it to her,' explained Sebastian.

Sighing, I accepted the fact that they probably knew more about Arabella and her hiding places and thus they could probably be of some use. I removed the chains from their hands.

'If you even think about running off, I will have my best men hunting you down,' I threatened them.

'Don't worry. We will stick by our sister,' Ryder smirked. A part of me was actually glad that she had two people looking out for her all those years before we met.

'One more detail- how did she find out this piece of information from Nathaniel?' I asked, to which Ryder replied, 'that's obvious! She is a thought reader!'

A/N: Sorry if I have been M.I.A. It has been too long, but I have exams currently and lots of school work! I will have exams till the 25th of Feb so I don't think I will be able to update till they end. Sorry :(

Please Comment & Vote to motivate me <3