Anger Is A Passionate Emotion

Arabella

Three days. Three whole freaking days! That's how long I had been away from Marcus. I used to laugh when I read peoples memories and saw that they were all sappy and depressed when away from their mates. I thought they were exaggerating on the whole I-can't-live-without-my-mate act and the whole you-are-so-in-love-you-act-insane charade. Seriously, being forced to read the mind of someone who is away from their mate is like living in a sad Taylor Swift song!

But for what it is worth, I owe all those poor lost mate-less souls an apology. The pain from being separated from your mate is agonizing.

He is all I can think about! It is like my mental sanity was dragged away by Marcus the day he left to inspect and search his territory. Oh and replacing my mental sanity are piercing thoughts of Marcus. He is literally the only person running through my mind! It is like he invaded my mind. I wake up and I miss his beautiful eyes staring into mine, I eat food and I miss his kissable lips, I look at a meager plate and I think of his rock solid abs! Oh the things I would do to eat one meal off those perfect abs!

Then comes night when the stars shine and Marcus haunts my dreams. For the past few nights I have dreamed of nothing but my glorious mate. In each one we were in a different... scenario.

After talking things out three days ago, Marcus was informed that Ryder and Sebastian had been spotted in their territory. Instantly, my ears seemed to perk up when I heard that. Then I made eye contact with Devin and my worst fears were confirmed.

Now I understand why Marcus was so upset! That memory he saw was just a simple conversation between Sebastian and I, though I can understand why he was pissed. Sebastian is nothing compared to Marcus in my eyes. In fact Sebastian is like a brother. He knows everything about my past. Literally everything. That is why he is extremely protective about me, apparently to the extent where he would stupidly enter warrior territory!

Seriously, now Marcus' entire pack knows that I am a friend of Sebastian, their sole enemy and they hate him with a burning passion. Not to mention they all despise me now... I saw all the hate and anger in Devin's eyes when he looked at me and I can grantee that the other warriors would mimic that gleam of spite.

Sighing to myself, I continued to ponder over the details of the future. Would they catch Sebastian and Ryder? Would the warriors hurt Sebastian and Ryder? Would Sebastian and Ryder hurt the warriors? Would I ever get a chance to explain myself? Would the pack permanently hate me?

Shaking my head, I collapsed on Marcus' bed, digging my face into a pillow. Why me? Out of all the wolves in this planet, why did I have to get caught in such a sticky situation?

Anyways, after Devin delivered the note to Marcus that day, Marcus decided to take one thorough run around his entire territory searching every knack and crony until he knew that his territory was Sebastian-and-Ryder-free.

He called me every day and we would make casual conversation on the phone. Somebody would come and serve me a meal three times a day and the phone whenever Marcus called. He even told me to make myself "at home", but I refused to leave his room, knowing I would have to face those judgmental stares from the wolves in his pack. Marcus even appointed multiple guards to surround the perimeter. Well, I could understand that, my little round de vous around the mansion might have alarmed him.

Damn it I miss him! Marcus! Marcus! Marcus! The name is imprinted in my brain! Well, luckily he would be here tomorrow, I mean it only takes a wolf around four days to tour France, plus in our wolf form we don't really need any breaks because we have the stamina to carry on without resting for about a week.

'Arabella! Arabella! Are you in there?' an all to familiar masculine voice called out.

I shot up in a flash and ran towards the window, seeing the source of the voice.

'Ryder!' I exclaimed merrily, running towards him, wrapping my arms around his bare torso. 'You made it! You are actually here! How?' I asked in disbelief.

'I can to save you, isn't it obvious, shortcake?' he spoke teasingly, hugging me back.

'What? Save me? I don't need to be saved!' I exclaimed, extremely surprised as I pulled back in shock.

'Nonsense shortcake, you were kidnapped! Damn it! He drugged you, didn't he? Or is he blackmailing you?' Ryder fumed, pacing up and down the room frantically. 'What does he have on you? What kind of a spell are you under?' he demanded, his raising voice beginning to concern me.

'No! No! No! You don't get it Ryder!' I spoke.

'The explain, why wont you leave with me?' he asked.

'Well....' I began, unable to figure out where to start. 'You know how I always said I wanted a mate, somebody who I could rely on at all times, somebody who I could love?' I asked him, hoping he would catch my drift.

'Of course, there was a phase when you would just rant on about how jealous you were of mated couples and what you would do to get a mate,' Ryder briskly replied.

'Good, you remember. Now, what I am about to tell you may shock you, so try to keep an open mind,' I warned him, taking in a deep breath before blurting out- 'Marcus is my mate.'

Ryder looked at me with such a startled and aghast expression. I seized the opportunity and stared into his eyes, gathering his thoughts and invading his privacy.
According to Ryder's account, the team had been informed that I had been caught, so Sebastian being himself went on overprotective brother mode. They created a scheme to distract Marcus with the note, then Sebastian would wonder all over his territory spreading his scent making a diversion and causing the pack members to thin out in order to cover such a vast mass of land. Sebastian shifted the warrior's attention, so Ryder managed to sneak inside without being caught.

I was touched that they would go through such extreme measures to get to me, but honestly it was not required. I told Marcus that I was not leaving him and I had to honor my commitment. On the contrary, I couldn't just abandoned Sebastian and Ryder; they were my only family. They had gone through so much trouble just to get to me.

'Marcus is your mate?' Ryder questioned in an acerbic tone, venom dripping from his words. I nodded meekly in response.

'Please don't hurt him, you are like family, but he is my mate. He is destined for me. Besides, he isn't all that bad. There are many layers to the Marcus onion and under that cold exterior, he is a nice and strong man. He cares about his pack and is a good Alpha. He also cares about me, I just know it and he is giving it his best effort to open up to me,' I explained, hoping he would understand.

'You were right about the onion part, the dude is stinky,' Ryder chuckled in an amused tone.

I rolled my eyes at the idiocy of his comment. 'So you are not mad at me?' I asked.

'Of course not shortcake, I know how desperate you are for a mate,' he spoke.

'Shut up! I was never desperate!' I scolded, swatting him playfully. He looked at me questioningly, raising an eyebrow slightly.

'Oh really shortcake, are you really sure about that?' he mocked.

'Okay, fine, maybe a little.... Or a lot!' I huffed giving up.

Ryder smirked in accomplish, successfully completing his of annoying the hell out of me.

'Now you have to get out of here before anybody catches you,' I suddenly snapped, remembering the high security around the area. 'Oh and please tell Sebastian that about Marcus being my mate and to just.... Back off. I have had enough drama for a lifetime and I want to settle down. I really see a future with Marcus,' I told him.

'All right, I will tell him that, but what about Alpha Nathaniel? Does Marcus know about that?' he asked.

I gulped, recalling the events that forced me to go into hiding. Then again, if I didn't go into hiding I would have never met my mate.

'No, I haven't told him, the time isn't right. I will tell him though.... Eventually. I am sure he will understand and I know he is willing to protect me. That's what mates do I guess,' I said.

'Damn it Arabella, you really have found "the one", haven't you?' he asked using air-quotes.

I nodded my head slightly, blushing at the mere thought of Marcus.

'Well, I hope you know what you are doing and if he is treating you badly, just hop over to Belgium and we will be there.... I guess this is goodbye for now, shortcake,' said Ryder, pulling me into a warm embrace.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his broad chest, hugging him back and hearing the soothing sound of his heartbeat.

'What the hell is this?' roared the prominent and furious voice of my mate.

I pulled back and snapped my head toward the door only to face a very fuming Marcus. I couldn't help but noticed how sexy he looked in nothing but a lose pair of black sweat pants and his bare chest flashing his proud abs with glistening beads of sweat.

Gasping to find the right words, I stared foolishly at him. His fists were clenched into a tight ball, his ridged jaw was locked and I could see his vein comically throbbing on his forehead. 'I said, what the fuck is going on?' he roared through gritted teeth. 'Ryder run,' I whispered softly, gulping in fear.

Instantly, Ryder tossed himself out of the window and Marcus lunged towards the window.

I had to stop him! So I did the only thing I knew would work.

I threw my body at him, wrapping my legs around his torso and sealed his lips with a beautiful kiss.

Automatically, Marcus aggressively kissed me back, his tongue barging into my mouth. I ruffled my hands through his spiky hair, missing the soft touch and moaned loudly.

He kissed me with such a raw passion that I almost forgot all about Ryder. I knew he had escaped and judging by the way Marcus kissed me, he was extremely angry.

Marcus is so steamy and sexy when he is angry, so right now he must be beyond enraged because he is as hot as lava.

A/N: Please comment letting me know your basic thoughts on the chapter, I have been going through a rough time and could use the motivation :)
P.S: Picture of Ryder on the side.