An Honest Conversation

Arabella

What did he just say? Did he just use the "L-word"? Oh no. This is what I feared.

'Ara... Please say something,' he looked at me with panicked eyes. Who knew that such a tough man could look so damn adorable at times.

'This is all just moving way too soon,' I confessed, vinously chewing my bottom lip. 'You don't even know me.'

'But that's the thing, I know I love you because nobody else would go through so much to save me. Nobody cares about me the way you do and for that shows so much about you. It shows how determine, devoted and smart you are and to me, there is nothing more sexy than that. Even without the mate-bond, I would still be attracted to you.

'I love arguing with you, it gives me such a rush,' he said as he wrapped a muscular arm around my waist. 'I love being playful with you,' his other hand brushed my check. 'I love touching you..' his hand trailed down my my neck, between my breasts and all the way to my stomach sending shivers down my spine. 'Squeezing you..' his hand cupped by butt making me gasp. 'But mostly, I love doing this,' and with that his lips collided with mine and instantaneously his tongue dove into my mouth.

He was such as good kisser as our tongues rolled against each other and he playfully bit onto my lower lip.

'Stop distracting me, Marcus,' I whispered, breaking our lip-lock. 'You know you never really gave me a proper response when I said that you barely know me. You say all these amazing things, but that's just stuff that I show on the surface. When things start to get all dark and twisted you won't be able to handle me.'

'Trust me, Ar, when it comes to dark and twisted I take the cake and you know that because you have been through all my thoughts. So, you know that I can handle all that you can throw at me. Also, you are right, I don't know you-'

'See! And yet you go and proclaim your love for me like some wanna be Romeo!' I chimed.

'Let me finish, would you?' he spoke with so much authority. 'I wasn't kidding when I said all those things about you. It is all true and anyone can deduce that just by observing you. I haven't loved many people. Hell, I don't think I have loved my own parents. Yet, I know that I love you and I would love to spend the rest of my life getting to know the rest of you, so that there is more of you that I can love.'

I blushed profusely. 'Damn it, Romeo! Why do you have to be so cheesy?'

'I am not Romeo. That foolish boy was an idiot who was an absolute slave to his emotions,' Markus preached.

'You know, you did not have to call him an idiot. By saying he was foolish, you already implied that he was an idiot,' I cheekily replied.

'Oh Arabella, I love it when you talk grammar to me,' he chuckled as I lay down on the mattress next to him.

'You know, you're the first person to actually respond like that when I go all Grammar Nazi on them,' I said, snuggling up to Marcus, nuzzling my face into the bridge of his neck; I was being very careful not to touch his wound.

'Respond like what?' he asked as he carelessly threw his arm around my frame, pulling me closer to him.

'Respond so nicely. Most people just tell me to shut up,' I laughed.

'Well I am not most people,' he rasped.

'Could you not be more cliche?' I giggled.

'Hey! I was trying to do that thing where I make it all romantic!' he complained.

'No, you were just trying to boost your own ego by saying that you were special,' I retorted.

'But I am special.'

'No, you're not.'

'Ouch! What was that for?' he gasped, putting his hand on his chest in fake hurt.

'To know down you're ego. When you're in a relationship with someone so egotistic, you have to take very opportunity you can to knock them down a notch,' I joked.

'You should really write a book on how to have a successful relationship. I am sure it would be a best-seller,' he said, sarcasm laced in his words.

'Shut up! Besides, I have read enough guy's minds to know that the whole "trying to be romantic" crap is code for "I want to get inside your pants". And I am not falling for that,' I said.

'Then how do I get inside your pants?' he asked bluntly.

'Marcus!' I gasped, hitting his chest.

Marcus let out a groan. 'Oh shit! Sorry I forgot that you are injured!' I cried, getting up to see if I had caused any damaged.

He let out a raspy laugh. 'Oh babe! You are as cute as a bunny and just as gullible!'

'Not funny! When you get better I am going to whack you so hard!' I said, laughing a bit myself. 'Oh and just for this little joke of yours, I am not letting you touch me!'

'Oh come on! It was a harmless prank,' he groaned. 'Most mates would be expecting a child by now,' he teased.

'Marcus, you are not going to impregnate me. I am too young to have a child since I am practically a child myself,' I spoke seriously.

'Wait, that was just a harmless comment. There is no rush to go and make babies. Let things stabilise and then we can move on to other things,' he said cooly, pulling me back besides him. 'That still doesn't mean that I do not want to complete the mating bond with you.'

'I want to get to know you better before we complete that stage,' I stated, leaving no room for argument.

'Sex is just our bodies way of getting to know each other better,' he smirked.

'Why does everything have to be about sex with you?' I snapped at him, furiously staring at his stupid face.

'Calm down, babe. I was only teasing you. We can wait,' he spoke in a hushed raspy tone. 'Hey Ara...'

'What?'

'Are you a virgin? Is that why you do not want to do it?' he asked.

I took a deep breath, letting my tongue roll over my chapped lips. 'No.'

Silence draped over us like a blanket. Marcus starting taking in sharp intakes of breath and I could feel his body heat up.

'Are you angry?' I asked, cuddling into him more to help him calm down.

'No, that you just make me the ultimate hypocrite,' he stated, regaining some of his composure. 'Sure, I am upset that someone else had the honour of touching you, but I am nobody to judge because I have had my share of women in the past. I am sorry about that because from now on, you are the only woman that I will ever touch.'

'And now your are going back to Romeo mode,' I said.

Marcus laughed and I pulled the blanket on top of us, cocooning myself in his warmth. I placed my head on his chest, listening to the rhythmic beat of his heart. Out in the abandoned cabin, with no worries and no responsibilities, was just perfect. I felt like I had just had my first real experience with Marcus. I was so surprised with the way that he had reacted. He could have easily lost his temper when I did not respond to his proclamation of love. He was so much more reasonable about me not being a virgin than I had though. I liked this new side of Marcus. Maybe we did have a shot after all.

'Arabella?' Marcus called, breaking me from my thoughts.

'Why don't you love me?' he looked at my with his big beautiful eyes. And in that moment, all I could see was a lost young boy who has never experienced love. I know that he deserves an honest answer.

'Because everyone that I love dies.'

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK IN THE COMMENTS

State what you like, what you didn't like, etc. Also answer the following question: 

What do you think of the new Marcus? Comment your answer!