In For The Chase

Arabella

It is the mating bond. It has to be. There is literally no other explanation possible.

Never ever in my life have I felt so alone, yet so complete; so distant yet so close; so much hatred, but so in love.

I was in love with the man I hated; I was in love with my mate.

It had to be because of the mating bond... right?

This entire situation was so unexpected and so unreasonable for me! I despised the fact that he had so much power over me, far too much power for my liking! I hate the fact that he had somehow managed to block out my talent; it was such a relief that I could still read the thoughts of others, that it was only my mate that could block me out. I am so screwed.

Its not like I could hear his thought through his pack members because he never shared his thoughts with them unless he was to give them an Alpha command and they all pretty much were scared of him and hoped that I could "change" him.

After reading his thoughts from my first encounter with him, I knew one thing for sure, he had never "become" so clod hearted, there was never an incident or a person that changed him for life and made him so cruel, he had always been that way.

People said that when he was a kid he was really nice and that it was in his later years after taking upon the Alpha position that he turned so mean, but after reading his thought I know that is not true. What really happened is that when he was a child he was just better at masking all his real emotions -masking his true personality. Even as a child all those could thoughts were still running into his mind. His parent's love didn't have any effect on him and when he got the Alpha position, the Alpha power made him unleash his true self and no longer did he hind his true colours. All those years, he was a like a wolf in a sheep's skin.

I sighed to myself, knowing this is not the mate I wanted and I was most certainly not going to put up with him.

And so I did what I know best -run!

Marcus

One hell of a mate! That's what she is. The little minx thinks she can just blatantly lie to me and then get away with it? Well, no worries... with her by my side I will be powerful and taming her is no challenge.

'Alpha! Alpha!' Simon called out.

'Yes, what is it?' I asked, folding my arms.

'One of our security cameras just picked up footage of your mate in the east corner! She is trying to run away!' he panicked.

I growled, how had I been so foolish? How the hell had she managed to even escape?

'Send the guards on her tail now!' I barked out orders, knowing my men had known the protocol if there was anybody on the lose. This was surely a first, we had never actually had anybody who successfully manage to get out of the holding cells, let alone reach the east wing, but I was always prepared and my men knew the protocol. During training sessions I practically drilled it into their heads where each of them should be positioned in order to ambush and catch the escapee with minimal damage.

I stormed off to the security room and flung the door open. Inside, my men were busy on computers and mind linking everyone about their positions and the situation in hand.

'I want every fucking security camera to be on and the live footage on the big screen! I want to know where my mate is and what she is doing!' I roared angrily.

Briskly, the live footage captured from the thousands of cameras installed everywhere in my home flickered onto the large television.

My eyes scanned the TV until I noticed the most beautiful wolf I had ever laid eyes upon scamper through the deserted passage on the first floor. Ah ha! So that's where my little vixen is!

My eyes followed the screen as I watched her sprint so gracefully, leaving my highly trained men behind in her dust! She was fast, I will tell you that.

She took a sharp right turn and passed the conference room, right into my little ambush! Now things will get interesting!

I watched as William, the first man lunged at her, taking her by surprise, but she masterfully ducked, causing William to crash against the wall of the narrow passage way. How the hell did she do that? More importantly, how the hell did she see that coming?

My mate continued running while William shook his head slightly, only to be joined by the rest of the wolves chasing her. She began running a little to the right, dangerously close to the wall. It was then that I noticed her extender her paw slightly and pulled down a large hanging curtain causing it to tear and fall right on top of my men and they scrambled like blind bats!

'Tell everyone to back off and abandon the first floor!' I ordered, getting up from my chair and storming out of the room.

Looks like you can never send a boy to do a man's job. Look out mate, here I come and I sure love a little game of predictor and prey.

I jumped into the air, transforming into my wolf and landing on my four paws.

I began walking to the first floor, where my mate now runs and gently waited, hearing her paws scramble closer and closer to me.

I crouched down, like a lion stalking its meal.

And there she came, as swift as lightening in my direction. I jumped up like a spring and pounced at her. Arabella's eyes widened in shock as she clearly hadn't seen that coming and she tried to slow down, but it was too late because in a flash I had her pinned down on her back, still in wolf form as I towered over her.

I looked down at her beautiful blue eyes and saw an emotion that I couldn't put my finger on. Her eyes swirled and had me going dizzy, a gentle and calm feeling erupted in my body, something that I had never ever felt before.

It was like I wasn't there. The man I am had just disappeared. Out of instinct, I bent down and licked her wolf snout, barking like a playful puppy. She gave me a small smile and nipped my paw.

I suddenly snapped back to reality and put on a cold expression. What just happened?

But that doesn't matter because right now my mate has a lot of explaining to do... or maybe I should just punish her...