Chapter 16

2-9-14

It's already 11:55 p.m. so I'm just going to say that it's Sunday.

Enjoy! c:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maddy’s POV

                Silence.

                That’s all that was heard for the next two minutes. Dead silence. All I could hear was our breathing and the ticking of the clock on the wall.

                I can’t be… pregnant.

                She’s kidding, right? She has to be kidding. I’m still in high school!

                I mean yes I’ve imagined Justin and I having kids and raising a family together… but not until like two or three years from now! I finally broke the silence by letting out a low, nervous chuckle. I reached up and ran a hand through my hair.

                “You’re kidding right?” She shook her head slowly. I felt my eyes widen. She must have made a mistake. “You must have smelled wrong or something. There’s no way I can be pregnant! I mean come on.” I laughed again but this time it came out shaky.

                “Did you guys use protection?” I looked back up at her and opened my mouth to say ‘of course’ but then snapped it shut again. My eyes bulged out of my head and I felt a massive headache forming.

                We didn’t. We were both so caught up in the moment at the time that we must have forgot. Dammit! How could I be so careless?!

                I pulled my hands out from under hers and clutched my head tightly. I shook it and closed my eyes. This can’t be happening. Here I am, about to go all the way to Seattle, Washington to save my mate who was killed by my bastard of a father… and now his mom is telling me that I’m pregnant with his baby!

                I don’t know the first thing about being a mother. I know that I’ve always been good with little kids but that doesn’t mean crap! That doesn’t tell me whether I’m going to be a good mom or not. And what if I can’t bring Justin back? What if something goes wrong and they can’t save him? Then I’ll be a single mother-not to mention still in high school-trying to raise a baby while also dealing with the loss of my mate.

                I took a shaky breath and raised my head to look at Julie. I’m not getting an abortion. There is no way that I would be able to do that-especially since this is Justin’s and mine. I wouldn’t be able to go through with it even if I wanted to.

                “Can you tell me more? I need to know as much as possible. And it might help me wrap my head around this a bit better.” Julie smiled sadly at me and hugged me affectionately

                “Of course sweetie. Don’t you worry. You’ll be getting all the help you could ever need from me and I’m sure some other women in the pack would be willing as well.” I nodded but didn’t smile. I’m still in slight shock right now. “When we get pregnant we are usually only carrying for about six months. The pups will grow faster than regular human babies while you’re pregnant. Their growth will slow to that of a regular human’s once they are born.”

                “Wait, pups?” I put emphasis on the ‘s’ and my eyes got even wider. She nodded.

                “There is a high possibility that you could be carrying more than one baby. It’s not rare to just have one-there’s just a higher chance of you having more.” I gulped. I don’t even know if I’ll be able to handle one baby. I might have a heart attack if there are more than that.