P r o l o g u e

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST BOOK: SO COLD. JUST AN FYI. 

Sam's POV

"Get your fat ass off of this couch before I roll you off," I was being threatened, Rebecca's hands tugging on the blanket that was securely wrapped around my body in a fuzzy cocoon. I happened to have had a better grip and ended up falling to the floor, grunting as I made a hard impact on the floorboards.

Rebecca rolled her eyes dramatically, her hands on her hips as she stared down at me disapprovingly. "And somehow, you still end up with that stupid blanket of yours." It was like she had an itch about my Blues Clues blanket.

It had always been a major part of my childhood that I wasn't able to let go of, just to make it sound the least more mature. Rebecca just so happened to think that my childhood love with the blue dog was far beyond over and that I needed to let go of it. Although I was eighteen, I refused to let go of the treasurable blanket.

"Go away," I grumbled, my hand patting around on the couch for a pillow, eventually grasping it and tugging it along with me to the floor. I let my head fall into the soft cushioning, my eyes fluttering to a pleasant close.

Rebecca had been one of the closest things I had ever had as a friend. At least every other day we would make plans with each other. It didn't matter whether it was walking around Lowell or a simple sleepover. We both knew that we enjoyed each other's company and we didn't know what our sanity would be like without one another.

Ever since Kyla and I came back from the excruciating three month trip around the states, Rebecca and I had met each other and our bond grew as time passed. It was when we bumped into each other at school. We shared most of the same classes, finding out that we both had some of the same common interests.

Bam!

Like that, we were instantly friends who got along and did the stupidest of things to make each other laugh.

"I refuse to let you get embarrassed when your future husband sees that you still have a Blues Clues blanket, Sam. I have to hide my stuffed cow from Luke so he doesn't tease me about it like he first did," she huffed, her arms crossing her chest. "I'm sure you wouldn't like to be either teased or blackmailed for having something like that."

I let out a heavy sigh, my eyes rolling dramatically. "Whatever you say. I'm keeping it whether I'm going to be blackmailed and teased or not."

"You're so stubborn," she groaned, nudging me with her foot. "I don't even know where to start with you sometimes." She practically glared at me.

I give her a teasing smile, cuddling into the pillow and blanket. "Who knew a floor could be so comfortable to sleep on?" I buried my face into the plush pillow, biting back a giggle that was threatening to fall from my lips.

Before Rebecca was able to reach down and tear the blanket away from me, there was a heavy knocking at the door. Both of our heads snapped over in the direction of the front door. Continuously, without any break, the knocking egged on. I didn't have to make a guess in order to identify the person behind the door. 

Rebecca's lips spread into a wide smile as she shuffled her way over to the door. That stupid grin on her face made it obvious about who it was. 

I scrambled from underneath the blanket, quickly tearing it off from me and tossed the pillow back onto the couch as if it had never left its rightful place. However, I took the blanket and bunched it up into a small ball, shoving it into the back crevice between the wall and the couch. 

The door sighed as Rebecca pulled it open. Immediately, arms were wrapped around her, sending her stumbling back. Giggles erupted from her lips as Luke peppered kisses all over her face, his hands splayed on both of her hips. She protested against him, but it was hard to know whether she really meant them or not.