Chapter Four: New Worlds and Healing the Wounded Hobbit

Chapter Four: Healing the Wounded Hobbit

The feeling up weightlessness tugged on my sore tired body. I was unable to move but the constant sensation of being airborne made me have faith that i was still alive. In a way i liked the reassurance that came with the feeling of being sore and tired because memories told me of the stories about what the Valor is supposed to be like. You were supposed to be living in your best memory, unaware of the feeling of pain and time. Just staying happy for the rest of eternity.

An image, no a memory started to appear while i floated there as an onlooker. Watching and listening, i was sure that no one could hear or see me from the fact that i was pretty much hovering over top of the two blurry figures.

"Naneth, what are we learning today?" (Mother) A small child asks her hand pressed underneath her chin, watching a beautiful elegant lady unravel an old looking scroll. The font was too small for me to be able to see what it said, but it had small designs of symbols, wind, water, fire and a leaf probably meaning earth.

"We are learning about your gifts little one. The elements." Naneth replies with a soft smile as she looks down at her who i am guessing is her daughter. I could see the love that was held inside of her eyes as well as pride.

The image fades almost as quickly as it came making me bask in silence as i  remember what the memory was about. Mother wanted to teach me all about my powers and our history of our people because Lady Galadriel had foreseen their deaths and told them as a warning. Its a memory of me, not of some random girl, me.

Of course they knew they were going to die, but they weren't sure when so a week later mother had put all of her magic and essence into a necklace that was forged out of gold. The jewel in the middle of the necklace was a magic stone that the Dwarves' gave us when they found no use of the stone since they were not in need of magic. That is what made the bond between the Elemental Nymphs and Dwarves' strong, because of the understanding that they had for each other.

To be slight outcasts among the other races. The Dwarves' lived in mountains and Nymphs lived in valleys between the mountains.

The couldn't make it to save us because they were too far away, and would be unable to make the trip to help. Besides, by time the Dwarves' got word that we were attacked, my people were already dead. In no need of saving.

"Come on raise your chin, higher. Good. Close your eyes and think of something happy." A voice said behind me making me snap around to see another memory blossoming.

"It's too heavy, Threbrinduil." The same small voice cried out in frustration.

My eyes watered as they landed on my brother, Threbrinduil. Memories began collecting themselves in my head of all the times that we would play and learn together. He taught me how to shoot a bow and convinced our parents to used a sword. He looked after me when our parents were busy with their duties.

"Come on you can do it." Threbrinduil encouraged kneeling down to be of the same height.

Closing her eyes the young girl shakily pulled back the string biting her lip in concentration. She only opened her eyes for a quick second before she released the arrow, sending it flying through the air, barely making a sound other than a hiss as it pushes its way through the wind.

The younger version of me watched as the arrow landed on the very outskirts of the target ring.

"yes." The little girl cried jumping in with a small victory in her head.

"Lle ume quel, Delilmalia." (you did well) A new voice said joining them in the private training area.

"Ada! did you see it ada?" (father) Delilmalia said jumping into the open arms of her father.