History of the Elemental Nymph's

Hey my little cupcakes.

I just rewrote this so I hope that it makes a lot more sense than what it did before.

This is the history of my own creation of what a Nymph would be. As you can tell when you read it that towards the end it ties into when Lady Galadriel is talking about the history of the ring in the beginning of the movie.

By the way I am using the Lord of the Rings transcripts as my crutch for writing because if I wanted to do a sequel where my main original character goes off on her own, I need everyone to get a sense of what she is about.

Edited (Monday, April 27, 2015)

Enjoy!

-~-

Long ago near the beginning of Middle-Earth, there were witches who had the power of over a thousand men. Power that was sometimes to great for one race to have control over.

These witches were divided into two groups, two very different types of witches; the white witches and the black witches.

Each race, were as if they were heaven and hell. The white Witches were as pure the heavens themselves while the black witches were as dark as the cold pitiful night.

These two powerful types of witches were at war with each other, much like the other races that seemed to grow a dislike for each other as the years continued to pass.

The Black witches wanted to rule over all of the races that were scattered across Middle-Earth, wanting all of them to bow down at their feet. They loved the feeling of control they would gain as people worshiped them as if they were as mighty as their gods themselves. They were selfish beings, only receiving and gaining but never giving or sharing.

The white witches however, wanted to protect all the races and keep the peace spreading throughout the lands. They liked the feeling that they got when feeding a poor village, tending to the plants with their magic, watching as happiness spread through the towns like wildfire.

So they fought. They fought until there were very little of the white witches left, seeing as the darkness was already swimming throughout the lands, drowning the minds of all races, poisoning them.

That's when nightmares were created. Horrible beasts with the ability to manipulate the mind began to gather from every dark corner of the world. They feasted on the fear that they could create, they poisoned those who they touched. It didn't matter the age, men and women...children, they would go to them in the night and give them a dose of fear. They began to lose hope in everything that they did, and saw.

The nightmares were becoming too much for the white witches to be able to handle on their own. The power it took to rid the nightmares took much of the witches powers, they would heal one only to have to return the next day for they were visited by nightmares again. They were after the white witches powers all together, they wanted them to be weak and unfit to defend themselves if there was an attack.

Nearing their demise the remaining group of white witches all came together wanting to keep their kinds pure magic alive within Middle-Earth. They wanted the evil that was rising, the evil that was slowly taking control to never truly be able to rule over the lands as long as there was the little bit of hope left.

So the white witches had an idea, they gifted some of people of another race that that was considered pure. These people who were chosen were ones who were gifted, as well had elegance, beauty and tranquility.

The Elves.

The witches picked the Elves to bless with pregnancy and their lineage of magic and abilities.