Chapter Three: Princesses and Black Holes

unedited

ENJOY

------------

CHAPTER Three: Princesses and Black Holes

I have never been much of a person for drama, the kind of drama you see or hear about in books, the you're not my really son or i never loved you it was always him. I was always turning the other way just to avoid causing it.

Yet, there i was.

Standing in the middle of a clearing in a forest. Starting drama with my guardians.

All about me being a princess.

I am a princess of a race that doesn't even exist.

Shouldn’t exist.

Wrapping my hands securing around the warm mug filled with creamy hot chocolate, i watch the liquid swirl around in the cup, the steam rising from the top of the mug and warming up my face with its feather like touches.

A princesses duty is to be there for her people. Yet here i was, hypothetically in another world while they suffer for the loss of our kin.

The sound of a throat being cleared brought me out of my thoughts.

i look up to my two guardians who were sitting across from me, obviously waiting to see how i would react. Ready to detain me if it seems fit to do so.

Sighing i press both palms of my hand to my cheek dragging them down slowly.

A princess. They really think that me, a girl who has no friends or authority towards other people seriously can be a leader of a Elemental Nymph race. A race that is probably made up with their imaginations.

I look into both of their eyes seeing the truth settled within them, telling me to listen to them and hear what they have to say about the topic.

They could be crazy, and had made everything up, the thought passes through my head almost too easily. Making me wonder if i would really give up on them for one thing that they have said to me. I'd have to be the crazy one under those circumstances in order to label them with the crazy title so soon.  

I couldn't deny the fact that i was really curious as to what the reason or reasons were that brought this up, whether or not it's real. Shouldn't it be the younger children who were always believing in the mythical worlds and old legends that were mostly made up and changed over the years.

"You think I'm a princess." I say bluntly, watching my two guardians share a glance with one another making everything almost comical.

"We don't think, Delilmalia, we know from experience, but you were just a little girl when it all happened and was made to forget everything about the past until its time for you to return to fight. The great even rising in Middle-Earth." Melona said softly, but it was strained. Almost as if she was trying hard not to yell, expecting me to know everything so that they don't have to explain.

"Why me? what's so special about me?" I blurt out still slightly disbelieving.

"There doesn't need to be a reason why you are special, Delilmalia. You were conceived by a queen, and so you are a princess of a dying race. If you want to know why you are special you must find out yourself." Melona says making me stare at her blankly.

Why must she be so... difficult. I think to myself, my curiosity growing to know more about my parents, about the side of me i never knew.