Posthuman

Chapter 3 – Posthuman

I walked into Aaron’s living room and froze as Jeordie and Marilyn looked up at me from one of the couches. “Oh…sorry…I’ll just-”

“Come here.” Marilyn smirked, his tone commanding and yet seductive and I found myself doing as he said. “Sit.” He pointed to the lounge opposite he and Jeordie. He smiled as I sat. “We have something to tell you.” I nodded so he continued. “We’re going on tour… our own band…on tour…headlining performing act!” he grinned.

“That’s great!” I smiled, proud of him and Jeordie. “Perfect way to tell the world to go fuck itself.”

“Exactly.” He smiled back, eyes full of warmth. “But…we need a Merch-girl…and it needs to be someone we trust…” he paused.

“Someone who would be able to and would want to go on tour with us…” Jeordie shrugged, looking at the ceiling and smiling mischievously. “Bit of a night owl… likes our music and our company… knows how to sell anything…”

My jaw dropped. “Are you asking if…” I paused, not sure I’d read the situation right.

“Yes, we are.” Jeordie finally looked at me again. “Will you come on tour with us and be our Merch-girl?”

My shocked expression turned into a bright smile. “Of course! I’d love to!”

“Great!” Marilyn smirked, standing. “Now, c’mon! You gotta pack… we leave at three a.m.”

***

“Wake up Amy…wake up!” I groaned at the frantic whispering that echoed around my dark room, then cursed as someone turned on the lights. “Get up…and put some pants on honey… need to get on the bus.”

My eyes flew open and I pulled the sheets up over my lower half. I was wearing my underwear…but not much else. “Jeordie…toss me my jeans would you?” I asked as I rubbed my eyes. “Thanks…” I muttered as he handed me my grey skinny jeans and a singlet top and shredded vest. I dressed quickly and regarded my appearance. “Nice choice…” I smiled at him as I quickly ran a brush through my hair.

“I know what suits you.” Jeordie shrugged as Marilyn bounded into the room.

“We good to go?” he asked, excited.

“Yup.” I smiled and yawned.

“Aww, toughen up princess.” He winked at me as we went downstairs and I locked my front door. “You can sleep on the bus.”

As we clambered onto the bus and it started moving, Marilyn showed me my bunk. “Your bags are under there…you sleep here… beneath me.” He winked at me as I rolled my eyes and sat on the bunk he’d allocated as mine. “Don’t worry, I promise not to bite.”

I smirked. “And here was I getting my hopes up.”

“I think she likes you, Brian.” I heard Pogo chuckle.

“It’s Marilyn.” Marilyn glared at Pogo.

“Ladies, ladies, you’re both pretty.” I said and held my hands up defensively when they both looked at me. “Okay… I’m gonna lie down for a bit…”

“See you in New York.” Zim Zum winked at me as he walked past and I lay down.

‘New York, huh? Cool… well,’ I thought to myself. ‘This’ll be an education…’

***

“Another day, another dollar.” I smiled as I heard Zim Zum behind me. “How’d we go in merchandise?”