Mister Superstar

Chapter 2 – Mister Superstar

Jeordie and I had been mucking around at Aaron’s house for about an hour and all that had accomplished was that Jeordie had resorted to piggybacking me and running around squealing like a girl. My peeling laughter stopped as I saw Marilyn leaning against the back door, smirking at the two of us in amusement.

I blushed heavily and whispered in Jeordie’s ear. “Put me down…please…”

“You’re acting like a school girl with a crush, you know that?” Jeordie murmured as he let me down and proceeded to wrap an arm about my shoulders. “Just relax and be your usual self…he’ll love you!”

“Easier said than done it appears.” I mumbled and then gave Marilyn my brightest smile. “Hey! I didn’t know you were coming for Christmas!”

“Not telling your little friend about my being here,” Marilyn eyed Jeordie and I in amusement. “Bad form, Twiggy, bad form.”

“What?! Her present hasn’t arrived yet.” Jeordie winged. “I had to surprise her somehow.” He turned to me and winked. “Surprise!”

“Ooh! A rock star! Oh, Twiggy! You shouldn’t have!” I giggled as he gave me a playful shove towards Marilyn. I thought I’d have a little fun at least. “Hmm…nah, it’s too nicely wrapped. He can’t possibly be from you.” I winked as he rolled his eyes at me.

“Ha ha, very funny.” Jeordie ruffled my hair affectionately. “Would you hug her already so we can go inside…it’s starting to snow…”

My laughter stopped abruptly. “What?” my breathing hitched and my heart nearly bloody stopped as Marilyn spun me on the spot, hugged me and with an evil laugh threw me over his shoulder. “I don’t know if it’s just me…” I began sarcastically. “But being picked up is getting kinda old…”

“You won’t think it’s old if I douse you in water and chuck you outside.” Jeordie threatened playfully, tapping my nose lightly as we went inside.

I grimaced. “True…” I felt Marilyn stop and shift slightly, my heart beginning to race. “Well…this isn’t compromising at all…” I muttered and Marilyn laughed.

“Aaron! Where do you want her?” Marilyn chuckled as I presumed Aaron finally appeared.

“You guys can just hang out on the couch for a while…not ready to plate up yet.” Aaron replied quickly as I heard him scuttle off again to help Sandy with Christmas lunch.

“Here, give her to me…” I heard the smirk in Jeordie’s voice.

“Please…no…” I murmured as quietly as I could to Marilyn and felt his arms tighten around me ever so slightly.

“No, she’s mine, get your own.” I heard the smile in Marilyn’s voice and sighed in relief. “Besides, I thought you wanted her to enjoy her present.”

“Oh, dear God in Heaven…help!” I laughed as Marilyn carried me over to the lounges, putting me down briefly before pulling me into his lap, wrapping his arms about my waist to prevent my escape. I sat there, a little awkward for a moment. “So…” I paused and smirked up at him. “Come here often?”

Marilyn smiled and looked down as he shook his head at my terrible excuse for a joke. When he looked up at me again, his eyes were so intense that…I wasn’t entirely sure I could handle the way he was looking at me…

“Lunch!” Sandy called out from the dining room and I stood quickly. How much time had passed?'

We walked calmly into the dining room, Marilyn sitting opposite me…and I couldn’t help but sneak a peek at him across the table. ‘Oh, God…’ I thought as his gaze intensified. ‘That look was designed to melt any woman…’ I smiled shyly as he handed me a plate of pre-carved meat. ‘And I might just let him do just that…'

***

I sat on the front porch of my cousin Aaron’s house, watching the moon come up over the distant hills, the first stars beginning to blink back at me from their inky-black world. I pulled my long coat tighter about myself, my gaze wandering to the snowflakes drifting on the night air and sighed contentedly.

I could hear the others drinking and laughing inside still, but I’d had enough to drink and wanted some fresh air…and it didn’t get much fresher than this. Every breath I let out creating a small cloud of mist as I stood and took two steps forward, leaning against one of the porch beams. Despite being cold, it was a beautiful night. It was moments like this that made me happy.

I jumped slightly as I heard the front door squeak open and heard boots on the wooden flooring of the porch. “Fuck me!” I smiled as I heard Marilyn’s voice, my subconscious replying ‘I just might…’ as he came to stand next to me. “What on Earth are you doing out here?! It’s freezing!”

I looked at what he was wearing. “Put on a coat!” I gasped. “No wonder you’re cold!”

He shrugged. “Nah, come inside.” He coaxed with a small smile. “It’s toasty warm and we’re about to have a scary movie marathon!”

“At Christmas?” I raised an amused eyebrow at Marilyn before looking away, my tone becoming sarcastic again. “Hard core.”

“Why do you do that?” he asked me curiously.

I frowned a little as I turned to look at him again. “Do what?”

“Push people away when they start to get close.” He replied bluntly.

I scoffed. “I do not.” I sighed. “I’m…shy…sarcasm in general is my way of dealing with things.” I looked down. “If I’m completely honest, part of me is afraid to get too close to people coz they’re just going to leave me again.”

“Aaron and Sandy didn’t.” he smiled a little.

“They’re family…” I reasoned. “They’ve known me since I was little…”

“Alright then, Twiggy. He’s stuck to you like glue since he met you.” Marilyn’s smile became more confident. “Always telling me about you…” he trailed off and tried to look anywhere but at me.

It was then I realised how close he was actually standing to me. Had he always been that close? “Um, Marilyn…I…” I saw him point up above us and I froze. “What is it?”

He looked down at me, shocked. “Mistletoe…”

I looked up and let out a nervous laugh. “Well, I’ll be damned.” I looked back at Marilyn and bit my lower lip nervously. I wanted to back up but my back was pressed against the porch beam I was leaning against.

I saw him swallow and heard his breathing quicken slightly. “May I...may I kiss you?”

I gulped nervously. It was too romantic…like one of those black and white films set in the thirties what with the full moon rising and the falling snow and the mistletoe… “I…” my words stuck in my throat, so all I could do was nod timidly.

He stepped forward, one of his hands lightly touching my waist as the other cupped my cheek gently.  My breathing quickened and my heartbeat became erratic as he leant in slowly and captured my lips with his in a slow, sensual kiss that I felt right down to my toes.

We jumped apart as we heard banging on the windows and cheering coming from inside, with me blushing like crazy. I glared at my cousin and made a certain gesture at him which only made him laugh more as he and Twiggy let the curtains fall back into place, leaving Marilyn and I alone once more.

I bit my lower lip as I smiled shyly up at him, blushing again when he grinned back at me. He took my hand in his and pulled me towards the front door, but stopped just in front of it and turned to look at me again. I gasped softly as he leant down and pressed his lips against the corner of my mouth in a tender kiss.

Smiling warmly, he brushed the back of his hand gently across my cheek. “Merry Christmas, Amy…”

I smirked. “Merry Christmas…Mister Superstar.”

_________________________________________________

I know it's a little early, but I thought we could do with some Christmas cheer ;)

Enjoy!

Much love to you all!

                  Shan~Leigh