▷ 20

20-MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR

➳➳➳➳

Her blonde hair was tied up in a bun. Her white pleaded dress was smoothed out, as her clammy hands lay on the fabric. She let out a small sigh, taking a small glance at herself in the mirror. Her skin was pale as could be, an innocent, youthful glow shined through her cheeks. It the was the day of the 74th Hunger Games reaping. Nova and Peeta had it all planned out. They would get ready, and join the rest of the kids being reaped, and when no one was looking, they would make a break for it. They didn't know if it was going to work, but all they could do was try.

Nova took her last final glance at herself in the mirror, before she made her way out of her empty house. She saw Peeta exiting his house also. He extended his arm out to her, as she took his hand. She smiled widely, laughing only slightly. The early morning sun shined down on her engagement ring reflecting the light down on the ground.

The dynamic duo were going to leave this wretched place and find their own life. New beginnings to start their new lives.

While following the other children waiting to be reaped, they looked around them to see when they could escape-and they couldn't. There was way too many people and far more Peacekeepers than the two expected.

Nova had silently told Peeta their new plan: they would wait till the reaping was over, and then they would leave. She knew they both wouldn't be reaped.

The two stood in the numerous crowd of families, terrified boys and girls awaiting to see their fate. To be placed in an arena filled with manslaughter and murder. A blood bath, death waiting to seal over someone. It sent shivers down Nova's body, as she watched Effie Trinket, the Capital representative for District 12. Her usual, very vibrant, and high-fashion styled clothes, hair, and makeup were beyond extreme.

The District 12 lovebirds clasped their hands together, awaiting to hear the ladies first. Effie reached into the bowl filled with many slips of papers, a girl's name written, awaiting their fate. The name was spoken into the microphone: Primrose Everdeen-Katniss Everdeen's younger sister. Nova felt a sense of relief calm her, as Peeta squeezed her hand. Only one more name left. Nova watched in awe and horror as she witnessed Katniss screaming and yelling for her sister not to taking. And the unthinkable happened, Katniss had volunteered for her. The crowd let out a small gasp in shock. Katniss walked wearily up toward the stage, a tear running down her cheek, as she awkwardly stood on the stage, facing the crowd.

Effie reached her hand into the bowl that was filled with names of boys, awaiting their fate. Nova felt her heart stop beating, as she lost all sanity. Peeta Mellark-was the name spoken into the microphone. Nova screamed and cried in agony, she clung onto Peeta's body, not wanting to let him go. Peacekeepers forcibly ripped the blonde off the tribute, allowing Peeta to nervously walk up toward the stage. It was over for Nova, she officially lost everything she loved. First her mother, then her father, and now Peeta-the love of her life.

The tributes were allowed to say goodbye to their friends and family. Once Nova spotted the man, she instantly connected their lips together. Their kiss was filled with tears and yarning pain.

"You can't go!" Nova cried. "I lost my parents, I can't loose you too." She cried into Peeta's shoulder, as she clenched her fingernails into his skin.

Peeta wrapped his arms around her waist, the feeling of warmth, he never wanted to forget the feeling. "I know, but you will never lose me. I'll always be here, with you," he told her, wiping the tears from her cheeks.

Nova scoffed. "You won't be here, Peeta! You'll be in a death arena, killing others, while you be getting killed yourself. You won't physically be here."

Katniss watched, giving the couple a sympathetic look. She could tell they were in love, and she noticed the ring on Nova's finger, as she stared at it in awe. Katniss knew this was hard for them. She vowed to save Peeta as long as she could, for the sake of Nova; knowing he was the only thing the blonde had left.

"No matter what happens, Nova Mae, I will always love you. You will always be my first and only love. I'm always going to be in your heart," Peeta insisted. Nova let out more tears, but instead of protesting, she nodded along.

Nova watched Peeta be pulled away by Peacekeepers to placed into the train. The blonde placed her hands over her heart, knowing it was broken. A part of her heart is with Peeta, and that piece of her heart will always be with him.

Because Peeta Mellark, is Nova's sweet dream.

➳➳➳➳