▷ 13

13-BAKERY BLUES

➳➳➳➳Nova walked along the path toward the Mellark bakery

➳➳➳➳
Nova walked along the path toward the Mellark bakery. She smiled brightly, her blue eyes shining in the sun. The teenage girl was tired of living off her father's money. It wasn't fair to her father, to waste money on his daughter, who was more than capable to get a job of her own. So, that is what she intended to do-get a job at Peeta's family bakery. Nova always had loved baking, and she thought it would be more than fun to work with her boyfriend. Even though it only payed very little money, it still was a job, and she still was making the money on her own.

Nova had found it had taken toll on her father, trying to keep working, while his teenage daughter needed more things in order to survive. Her father was getting to an age where his body wasn't great like it once had been; mine working had taking a toll on the man.

The blonde opened the tattered door, as the bell had dinged, signaling a consumer had walked it. Nova found Ms Mellark helping out a consumer up front, as she saw no sign of Peeta. His mother had spotted the blonde, as she warmly smiled at her, pointed towards the back of the store, letting her know Peeta was back there. Nova silently thanked her, as she stepped behind the counter, towards the back of the shop, where all the baking had occurred. There were very few bakers in the back, but she saw Peeta rolling dough.

"Peeta," Nova sing-songed, as she strolled over towards him. The boy immediately put down the dough, as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Peeta," Nova whined. "You'll get flour on me, and I just bathed."

Peeta smirked, as he shook his head, a smile showing on his face. "What are you doing here, anyway?" He curiously asked, continuing to roll out the dough.

Nova shifted on her feet, wondering if this was even going to work. "Well, seeing as my father is having a hard time to provide for us, and I don't want to be a burden to him anymore...I was wondering if your mother would let me get a job here," she nervously trailed off.

Peeta tilted his head to the sight, thinking for a slight moment, before he nodded. "I think she would be happy for you to work here. She always had loved you, even though my father's opinion overshadowed hers," Peeta's tone was sour talking about his deceased father. "She would be relieved to have another person working here at the bakery-we could always need more help."

Nova smiled gratefully, as they walked to the front of the store, to ask the boss herself. "Mother, Nova was just asking me if it'll be okay for her to get a job here at the bakery. You know how we always could need more help around here," Peeta said, trying to persuade his mother.

His mother smiled happily, as she embraced the girl, as Nova lightly laughed, wrapping her arms around the older lady. "Of course I'll take you on! You can start now, in the back with Peeta. Go go!" She shooed them off, to start working.

Nova tied the apron around her waist, that she was just handed by Ms Mellark. She and Peeta both began making breads, and small treats for the small town. It was hard work and very tiring, but it payed off. And at the end of the day, the staff got to eat the last of the food, which was a bonus for Nova. The blonde wiped a drip of sweat from her forehead, as she placed the last of bread in the glass compartment at the front of the store.

It finally was the end of her first day at the bakery; and it was a success. Nova placed her apron on the rack filled with others, as she was about to grab her stuff to leave, she heard Peeta call her name. The blonde turned toward the boy, only to have flour thrown in her face. Nova screamed slightly, as she wiped the flour from her eyes, as she could fill the soft, yet powered material cover her body.

"Peeta! I'm going to kill you!" Nova shouted, as Peeta sniggered. She grabbed the bag of flour from behind her, as she began chasing Peeta around the back of the store.

"Nova, put the bag down," Peeta warned her, his hands in front of his face.

"Too late-this is pay back," Nova challenged, as she had thrown the bag of flour over his face. She saw the white substance cover his body from head to toe, as he wiped his covered face.

"Two can play at that game, love," Peeta chuckled, as he scooped the blonde up in his arms. Nova raised her eyebrows up at the boy, as she trailed her hands up his arm, before locking them around his neck. "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah," Peeta stated, before cracking an egg on top of the blonde's head.

"Peeta, you are so dead," Nova grumbled.

Peeta's face dropped when he saw Nova chasing after him with a case of eggs. "Shit," he muttered, only to have the eggs on him already.

"Gotcha," she winked, as she pressed her lips against his.

➳➳➳➳