▷ 10

10-CAN ONLY GO UP

➳➳➳➳

The two young children sat in the endless field of meadows. The silence grew around them, as they heard a female voice echoing through a microphone. A year had past, and the reaping had began. Effie Trinket, the representative for District 12 had called out the names for the annual Hunger Games. The two watched as the man and woman cowardly approached the stage, waiting for their fate. They would be dead; no one ever won the games in District 12, except Haymitch Abernathy years ago. But rumors were he was a washed up drunk, grumbling in a hole, as his games had haunted him.

Nova Mae Lambert sat crossed legged, her hands lay against her side, her glaze elsewhere, but the stage. Her eyes grazed up at the sky and down at the green grass. Her blue eyes darted towards Peeta, whom was staring directly at her.

"What?" She curiously asked.

Peeta shook his head. "We're going to leave someday, right?"

Nova nodded her head. "Of course. I told you that the first day we met." Peeta smiled lightly, as he intertwined their small hands together.

It was days like this, where the two loved to be together. Days were the sun was shining, and the birds were chirping-not including the bloodbath that was going on around them. They were in their own little world; a world where it was just them, sitting in the meadow. Smiles always plastered on their faces, where they could remain free and always be happy.

Nova and Peeta laid by each other, their hands still interlocked together, as they glazed up at the sky, watching the white puffy clouds breeze by. Time was ticking by, deaths were counting up, it was only a matter of time left. Time was inevitable, and it was brewing near. Nova wished she could freeze time, capturing the perfect moments in time, putting them on a continuous loop.

It was anywhere but up for the two best friends. Regardless of what horrors were going on around them, they always remained strong.

"Peeta?" Nova called to the young boy. He raised his head up, his eyes turning toward the blonde.

"Thanks for being my best friend," she smiled lightly at him.

Peeta smiled back at her. "Always," he told her, as he meekly pecked her cheek. Her cheeks flushed a bright pink, as she cuddled her head into his shoulder.

To feel the keen sting of young love. Only 12 years old, and the two were in love. It was love at first sight for Nova and Peeta.

Who knows if their love will last, because they know they will always have now. And they will forever cherish that, no matter what tried to tear them apart. They can only go up from here.

➳➳➳➳