▷15

15-A DAY IN THE MEADOW

➳➳➳➳The two teenagers sat on the grass, their hands interlocked at their sides

➳➳➳➳
The two teenagers sat on the grass, their hands interlocked at their sides. The breeze had risen goosebumps from their arms, a shiver had struck them. It was early spring; the sky was bright blue, not a single cloud in the sky. The sun was shining up above them, as birds happily sang. It was all and all a good day. The world around them was suffering, but they were in their own world, worrying only about each other. It was selfish of course-but you do selfish things when in love. Love was the only thing keeping them together.

Nova tilted her head to the side, a smile tugging at the corner of her lips. Peeta had his eyes closed, his body still and relaxed. A comfortable silence surrounded the meadow. Nova felt content. For once she had everything needed. She had a family, a home, food-even though it was scarce, and most of all, she had Peeta. The boy that changed her whole perspective on life. He gave her a sense of adventure and prosperity. Peeta was the main reason she wanted to flee District 12; leave the chance of being reaped into The Hunger Games.

Nova turned her head back up toward the sky, closing her eyes also. Taking in the peaceful silence around her. Peeta took the opportunity to glance at her, a smile on his face. She changed his life also. Peeta was always shy, and never spoke up for himself, but Nova was there to give him a little shove. Nova brought out the wilder side of him; everything about Peeta changed in a 360 degree way. Peeta had always felt neglected by his family, but with Nova, he found his family. She was his everything. Peeta wanted to spend the rest of his life with Nova. He was in love with her. He wanted to marry her.

"No," Peeta called to the blonde. She faced the boy, her brows raised. "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Nova shook her head at Peeta's questioning mind. "What?" He chuckled lightly. "What's wrong with my question?"

"Nothing's wrong with it," Nova raised her hands up in surrender, a smirk on her face. She sighed, thinking of an answer. "I hope The Hunger Games will be dissembled, and we won't be segregated. I hope to be living in decent size house, living comfortably, with a husband, and kids of my own. A happy family; living in a world where there is no games, no killing, no districts, no poverty-a perfect world." She sadly smiled, knowing everything she wanted was all make believe, it was still reassuring to think of.

Peeta's heart dropped when he heard the pain in her voice. He knew it was in her imagination to want all that. But he was determined to give her everything she wanted, because she was his soulmate.

"What about you?"

"I want everything you want."

"You really know to win the ladies, don't ya?" Nova playfully teased the boy.

Peeta rolled his eyes, sticking out his tongue. Nova cheekily snuck in a quick peck on his tongue, as Peeta pulled back in surprise. "Did you just kiss my tongue?"

Nova busted out laughing. "Yup."

Peeta shook his head at the girl. "You're a weirdo."

Nova giggled, cuddling her head into Peeta's chest. "But I'm your weirdo."

"Indeed."

They spend the rest of the day in the meadow, talking about their imaginary life together in the future.
➳➳➳➳