Twenty Four

~4 months later~ 

    To be the annoying asshole he is, Gabriel decided he and Sam were getting married the same weekend that Willow turned one. Of course, you let him, because he was getting married and you knew from experience that that was the best day of someone's life. 

 "Mommy!" Willow called from her high chair as she finished off her piece of pie that Dean had slipped to her. Her face, hair, and chest were decorated with the sticky mess as she giggled happily. You shook your head, a smile tugging on your lips. 

"How about we clean you up? And then kick daddy's butt for giving you pie." You said, picking her up and carrying her to the sink. She giggled, squirming around. Turning on the sink, you set Willow down on the counter next to you and got a rag wet. 

"You are a messy little thing, aren't you?" You said, your tone filled with laughter as you started cleaning off the pie, much to Willow's dislike. She screeched and tried to crawl away, not liking the feeling of the rag very much.

"Come on sweetie, we can't have you crawling around while you look like you got mistaken for an apple and stuffed into a pie." You said, trying to stop her from falling off. She continued fighting, and it took two times longer than it should have to clean her up. 

Sighing, you rested her on your hip. "How about we go find daddy?" You asked her, and she just blabbered about who knows what. Shaking your head, you walked out, trying to hunt down your husband. He was right where you knew he would be. Working on Baby. 

"You, Mr. Winchester, are in a lot of trouble." You said as you walked into the garage, Willow agreeing with you with an 'uh huh' sound. 

Dean grinned upon seeing his family. "And why is that, Mrs. Winchester and little Winchester?" He asked, kissing both of your guys' cheeks. 

"You gave Willow pie, and she made a giant mess out of it." You scolded playfully, bouncing Willow a little. Force of habit. 

"Oh, but did you like it princess? Huh, did you like the pie?" Dean asked, brushing his thumb against Willow's cheek. She giggled and nodded. 

"See? She liked it." Dean told you, trying to pull himself out of the pit of punishment you had just pushed him in. 

"That doesn't change the fact that the kitchen is now a mess." You said, and Dean shrugged innocently. Shaking your head, you gave him a quick kiss before walking back into the bunker to help Sam and Gabriel finish up a few last minute touches for their wedding. 

But as you were walking through the hall a terrifying thought hit you, one you hadn't thought about in quite some time. Dean's deal. He had three months left. Pushing back tears, you went to help Sam. Now was not the time to cry. 

"Come on baby. Let's go help uncle Sammy out." You said to Willow, plastering a smile on your face to take the attention away from your sad, sad eyes. 

~Skip to the wedding~ ~Technically the reception but whatever~

   The guests watched as Sam and Gabriel cut it into the cake, smashing it in each others' faces before kissing and mixing up the frosting. After they had cleaned up everyone ate some cake, including Willow, who got it all over her face. 

"Wow. You just can't stay clean, can you?" Dean asked, grabbing a napkin and cleaning off her face. You smiled at the two of them, cleaning off a speck of frosting that somehow got onto Dean' tuxedo. 

"She's just like her dad, then." You said, licking the frosting off your finger. Dean chuckled, throwing the napkin away and bouncing Willow on his leg. He leaned over, pressing a kiss to your lips that you eagerly accepted. 

"Hey guys." Gabriel said as him and Sam came to sit down at your table. You and Dean pulled away, turning to smile at them. 

"Hey guys! Congrats!" You said, and Gabriel rolled his eyes. "You already congratulated us. At least seven times." He told you. You laughed. 

"Well, I'm not going to stop. I'm really happy for you two." You said. Sam and Gabriel smiled, sharing a look that only two people in love could share. You knew, because you'd shared that look with Dean time and time again. 

Willow giggled just then, reaching over and taking your cake. She began eating it, making another mess on her face. You would have stopped her, but what was the harm? It was a happy day, you'd let her get messy a little. 

Later that night, after Sam and Gabriel were on their way to their honeymoon and Willow had been bathed and put to bed, you and Dean sat on your bed. Cross-legged and facing each other, you grinned as he tried to guess what you were thinking. It was a game you two liked to play when you had free time. 

"You're thinking about how sexy I looked in that suit?" Dean guessed, and you laughed. "You did, but that's not what I'm thinking about." You said, because what you were thinking was a lot darker and sadder than that. 

"You're thinking how it would be nice to take a weekend off from being parents and just get to spend time together?" Was his next guess. 

"That would be nice, but no." You said, shaking your head. You reached back, pulling your hair up into a ponytail as Dean watched. 

"I give up, what are you thinking?" He asked. You sighed, chewing on your lip. Tear sprung to your eyes as you looked down, trying to find an easy way to say this. 

"Y/n? Baby, what is it?" He asked, grabbing your hand and intertwining your fingers with his. You looked up at him, lip quivering. 

"I was just thinking about how much I don't want you to be gone in three months." You said, a sob rising in your throat. Dean's eyes softened, and he pulled you into his arms just as the sob burst out of you. He held you, whispering how it would be okay. But it wouldn't. Not if Dean was gone.