Eight

~In the hospital~ ~Two months later~ 

     "Y/n, I talk to you every day with the stupid hope that you'll open your eyes. I think the doctors are starting to give up, I'm pretty sure Sam is too. He hardly ever comes anymore. But I promise you I am not giving up. I am staying by your side until you wake up. And if you don't, well I don't want to think about that. Please, please just wake up. I need you. I can't stand being here without you." Dean finished off. A tear slipped down his face and he immediately wiped it away. He grabbed your hand, sighing deeply. 

~Your POV~ 

        "Eadlyn! Be careful honey!" You called to your daughter who was going over the monkey bars. Dean sat down on the bench next to you, wrapping an arm around your shoulders. 

   "The worst that could happen is she'll fracture her wrist. Don't worry so much." Dean said, and you sighed and nodded. You saw Cassia reading under a tree, and Aiden on the swings. Parks always made you nervous, that's why you always had your kids in sight. 

   "I just want to make sure they're safe." You replied, looking around at everyone in the park. You were always nervous these days, because every day that same voice in your head told you he loved you and that he wanted you to wake up. It was unnerving. 

  "Are you okay? You've been really edgy lately." Dean commented, and you sighed before turning to him. He was your husband, he deserved to know. 

   "I keep hearing this voice, I'm pretty sure it's you. The voice tells me to wake up, that it loves me and it needs me. I think I might be in a coma or something." You said, with a sigh at the end. 

   "Y/n that's insane. Doesn't this feel real?" Dean asked, grasping your hand in his. 

  "Of course it does, it's the realest thing I've ever felt. I just- I don't know. It sounds a lot like you. And maybe, it is you. And you here are just in my brain." You said. 

   "That's crap, I think you're just stressed. You need a little relaxation time is all." Dean said, and you nodded. He was probably right. 

   "Okay, I'm going to head home and start getting dinner ready. Sam and Jess are coming over. You can stay with the kids." You said. Dean nodded, kissed you, and you left. You were on the way to the grocery store when you heard that voice again. Wait, no, it was someone else. 

     "Hey Y/n, I sent Dean to the hotel because he looks like a fifty year old man. Of course he insisted he had to stay, but I convinced him to go. I know he thinks that I've given up on you, but that's not true. I-I've been looking for a way to save you. More specifically, I've been looking for Cas or Gabe. I know they'd be able to heal you, so I've been looking. I hate the fact that Dean thinks I'm giving up on my best friend, because he feels alone in this. But I promise you that I will not stop until you are better. Dean isn't going to leave your side, so I know it's no use asking him to help. Just don't think that I gave up on you. Okay?" 

   You pulled over onto the side of the road and laid back against your seat, sighing and closing your eyes. 

  "Sam." You breathed out, not being able to help smiling. You had no idea what was going on, or where you were, but you knew you needed to wake up. 

~At the hospital~ 

      Sam sighed, wishing he knew if you had heard him or not. He stood up and walked over to the nightstand next to you, grabbing the remote off of it. He sat back down next to you, channel surfing to get his mind off the possibility of you dying. It was a few minutes before the doctor came in, doing what he did every day. Check your vitals, see if there's any change. 

   "Is there any change?" Sam asked, the doctor shook her head before leaving the room once again. Dean walked in, looking well rested and in a fresh set of clothes. He sat next to Sam, groaning a bit. 

  "Anything?" Dean asked, and Sam shook his head, his attention on the TV. In reality he couldn't face his brother, not when Dean thought he had given up. 

~Your POV~ 

     You stood on the patio in your backyard, a glass of whine in your hand. Dinner had come and gone, the kids were in bed, and Sam and Jess were on their way to their house. You breathed in the fresh air, loving this house just as much as when you bought it. 

  "Hey, are you okay?" Dean asked, standing next to you. He wrapped an arm around your waist, and you rested your head on his shoulder. 

   "This isn't real. This is all in my mind. And that makes me sad. I want this house. I want these kids. I want you. I don't even know what happened to me. How did I get into this coma? How long have I been in here?" You asked, gazing at the edge of the forest. Every piece of playing equipment in your backyard made you sad. 

   "Yeah, I wish you knew that too. I also know, if you wake up, you'll wish all of this is real." Dean replied, and you looked up at him. 

   "What do you mean?" You asked, but Dean just touched your cheek and pressed a soft kiss to your lips. 

   "You'll find out." He told you. 

~In the hospital~ 

       Dean was asleep in his chair, and Sam was about to leave to search for the missing Angels when he saw something. He shook Dean, and he instantly jolted up. He looked around the room, squinting. 

  "What? What is it?" He asked, and Sam smiled. 

  "It's y/n, she's waking up."