Hera and Kanan

Hera's POV

I was missing Sabine, Ezra and Kanan already. I got a call on the holo and answered.

"Kanan." I greeted.

"Hey Hera." He said with sadness in his voice.

"What's wrong luv?" I asked.

"It's Sabine." He said barely about a whisper.

"What happened?! Is she okay?! Can I talk to her?!" I panicked.

"Well, you see-" Kanan started but was cut off by Ezra.

"She's gone, Hera!" Ezra shouted.

"Wh-what." I breathed out.

"She's staying on Mandalor!" Ezra growled.

"We can talk when you get back." I said then cut the line. I stood there in the cot-pit alone with tears of pain forcing their way out. I couldn't believe it. Sabine was gone. My baby girl, the girl I basically raised, was gone. I heard the Phantom attach to the Ghost then walk to greet what if the crew I had left. Chopper came down and rolled beside me so I rubbed his dome while smiling at him. Kanan climbed down and hugged me. We separated as Ezra slid down the ladder.

"Ezra, are-" I started but was cut off.

"No! I'm not okay! Sabine is gone and is not coming back! Why even ask?!" Ezra shouted then stormed off to his room. There was a short moment of silence as Chopper left me and Kanan alone. We moved to the couch and sat down.

"She's really gone. Isn't she?" I said.

"I'm afraid so, Hera." Kanan sighed.

"Can we call her?" I asked.

"I'm working on it." He responded.

"What did Ezra say about it?" I asked.

"He refused to talk the entire flight back here."

"I'm worried, Kanan."

"Me too, Hera." Kanan sighed.

"We raised her, she said it herself after the indecent on Concord Dawn. She has come so far." I said in disbelief.

"I know and we are both proud of her. If we trust her, she might come back in the future." Kanan said. I leaned in to his chest as silent tears streamed down my face.

"We don't have a demolition expert or artist anymore. She was so talented and smart. I remember not long after Ezra joined the crew, when me and Sabine got trapped on that astroid. She really opened up to me and talked about her past, it was nice." I said.

"Yeah, not even one day and I miss her like she's been gone for months." Kanan sighed.

"Ezra's going to be heartbroken. You know that." I said.

"I know, I wonder how she's doing.  I mean maybe she wasn't phased by the decision to leave." Kanan said.
________________________

    Sorry it was short.

     Till next time Emily out.