Morning Sickness

The sound of vomit splattering against the toilet basin filled the air. It was barely 8am on a Saturday and I was sick to my stomach. Draco was kneeled beside me, holding my hair back like he had been since the first experience of the sickness.

I was miserable, so miserable but I had to be greateful that my morning sickness managed to stay away until the end of month 1. At this point I was considered to be in my 4th month of pregnancy. My flat stomach now had a bulge. Its prominent roundness sat as a mound between my hips. It was life. Even though it was a charm it was life.

After five more minutes of vomiting and another three of dry-heaving I was able to sit back on my heels and take a breather while Draco went to the kitchen to get me a glass of Ale. The ginger flavor of the Ale tasted slightly acidic as it mixed with the stomach acid in my mouth.

I quickly swished and spit before taking another drink. This time it tasted alot better so I continued to slowly sip.

"How about breakfast?" Draco said as he put his hands under my arms and carefully brought me to my feet.

I brushed the back of my hand across my mouth. "I was going to make french toast if you are hungry." I replied as I made my way down the hall to the kitchen.

I brought out a bowl and began cracking some eggs to make the batter while Draco brought out the pan and bread.

"Here, let me." Draco said as he pulled the bowl of egg to himself and began dipping the bread. "Powdered sugar or no powdered sugar?" He dropped the first piece of egg soaked bread onto the frying pan and it immeadiately began to sizzle.

"On yours, yes. Mine, no. Raspberry syrup is sugar enough for me." I replied as I took a seat at the counter.

Draco moved to pour me a glass of orange juice and then went back to cooking the french toast. After another ten minutes he brought both our plates to the counter and we sat together and ate in silence.

When I finished I moved to the sink and began washing my plate.

"Have you seen Luna lately?" I asked.

"Actually, yes I have. Just yesterday in Muggle Studies. Remember, love, you were there too." Draco said as he lifted the final piece of his french toast to his mouth.

"Apparently Neville has some very strong genetics because she is so round for being just 4 months along."

I'm pretty sure that I brought this up atleast once a week but it was hard not too when I see how bad she has it. So far, out of all the females, she had gotten the worst. Her morning sickness hit her at the end of the first week. She spent about 50% of her classes hovering over the porcelain and still does so she must take a specially made potion to stem it off.

Luna's optomistic outlook on her situation though is what kept me going. Even at the worst of times, she would say 'It won't last forever'. This comment was usually mentioned between breaths while she hovered over the basin.

"So, anything planned for today?" Draco asked as he brought his plate over to the sink and began to wash it.

"Just the usual."

Every Saturday our friends would come over. Us females would talk about baby stuff, names, nursery ideas, school ideas, and pregnancy. While we did this the guys would do whatever it was that they did.

"Neville, Dean, Seamus and myself are going to go to the Three Broomsticks. Professor Krum is supposed to be there with a few people from the Ministry of Magic to talk to us about job oppourtunities."

My eyes widened as I looked at Draco. Since the beginning of this assignment he has changed so much. If I didn't know what Draco looked like I would have guessed that this man was an entirely different person.