The first night

"Something sure smells good, Hermione." Seamus said as he entered the kitchen as I was taking the baked chicken and veggies out of the oven.

"Thank you, Seamus." I smiled as I set it on the counter and then turned to adjust the temperature of the oven to prepare for the pie. "Gather everyone in the dining room please, won't you now?" I asked as I gathered a pitcher from the cabinet and filled it with water before I began making the hibiscus and dandelion tea.

"Here, Draco." I nodded towards the chicken and veggies. "Put that on the butler cart and then grab the bread." Draco manuevered around me, his hands grazing my lower back as he did so.

I turned and looked over my shoulder, smiling sweetly at him. I couldn't help how I felt about him. Without his evil tyraid he was appealing to me. He had a good heart, good soul and such gentleman qualities in him. And now that he was a free agent, taken away from the influence of his family, he could be himself.

I finished the tea and moved it to the cart with the other food. I added the dishes, silverware and napkins and then set a timer as I stuck the pie in the oven.

Moving to push the cart into the other room, Draco put his hand on mine. "Let me get that." He said before shooing me from the kitchen and into the next room.

Everyone was seated around our large table, waiting eagerly. I took a seat beside Faye and Seamus.

"Hermione." Faye smiled. I smiled back.

Then the doors opened and Draco pushed the cart into the room and began setting the table before moving the food within reach.

"You can all serve yourselves." I said to them as Draco took a seat beside me.

I jumped, slightly, as I felt his hand rest on my leg. Taking a rugged breath I looked at him and slowly shook my head from side to side. "Not now." I mouthed before giving him a reassuring smile.

What exactly was I thinking. I didn't say 'no' I told him 'not now'. Did that mean there was a possibility of us doing unspeakable things in the future? I've never laid with a man before, in such intimate ways. But I had gotten pretty close, with only one person.

I closed my eyes and tried to push those memories from my mind. I was willing to give myself to him but he had lost all interest in a serious relationship. He stopped kissing me, hugging me, cuddling me, touching me, he wouldn't even look at me or talk to me.

"Hermione?" Draco said as he leaned towards me. "Are you alright?"

I blinked and allowed my eyes to quickly focus as I looked at him. "I'm fine, I swear." I lied as I felt my heart begin to ache.

I knew if it weren't for Draco and his passion for me I'd have no warmth left in my heart. But he gave me hope. He made me feel things, see happiness, possibilities for a better life and a better future.

He fixed me a plate and then fixed his own. When everyone had food on their plates we began to eat.

"This food is amazing, mate!" Dean said as he reached for seconds.

"Thank Hermione, she is an amazing cook." Draco said, causing me to blush and several heads to turn our way from the awkward placement of those words upon Draco's tongue.

After dinner was finished I turned into the kitchen to retrieve dessert, which everyone ate happily. After our bellies were threatening to burst, did we move into the sun room to watch the beautiful sunset.

"So, is anyone nervous about tonight or is it just me?" Neville spoke up.

Dean cleared his throat, awkwardly and I saw his face blush as he looked to the floor. Seamus scratched, nervously, at the back of his neck and looked away.

"Come on, guys. It's not like we are being forced to actually have sex." I said as I sat deeper into my seat. "They are just images and feelings put into our minds and body."

"Exactly my point, Hermione. Basically I am going to have thoughts of Luna and I going to town on one another. I don't think I am ready to see that." Neville exclaimed.

"Hey Nev, just look at it this way, at least you aren't Hermione. She has Draco." Seamus began. Faye looked at him before slapping him on the shoulder. "Ouch! Jeeze, I was just playing."

"Well how about you just shut your mouth before I take my foot and shove it so far up your-" Then the grand father clock chimed announcing the time to be 8 pm.

"We gotta go," Parvati said rising to her feet, Dean following.

"What, why?" Faye asked.

"The charms, the first one starts in an hour." She explained.

The first charm... I felt my heart sink. The first charm of the project was the bed. I still had to clean up after dinner and restore the house and there was one hour to do so.

"Yeah, uh, well it was nice having you guys but I have to clean." I went into the dining room and began clearing the table before moving into the kitchen.

I filled the sink with hot water and let the dishes soak while I began cleaning the counters. As I started on the dishes Draco came into the kitchen. He came up behind me and rested his head on my shoulder and put his arms around my waist.

"Draco, I need to finish these chores." I said, trying to shrug him off.

I liked Draco, the new Draco. There was no doubt about it. But I wanted to take things slow. I still wasn't over Ron. He was the first guy I've ever loved and he broke my heart.

"Here." He took the dish I was currently washing and set it in the dish water. "Go and get cleaned up and dressed for bed and I'll finish up in here."

I smiled and turned to leave the room. As I went up stairs I looked at the clock and saw we had twenty minutes to be done and in bed. I quickly went up the remaining stairs and half ran to my bedroom where I grabbed my pajama's and went into the bathroom.

I washed up, brushed my teeth and slipped into my pajama's. When I came back into my bedroom Draco was sitting on the edge of the bed, in his pajama's.

"Finally, you are done." He smirked.

I looked over at the bedside table and saw we had less than five minutes to be in bed.

"So," I cleared my throat, "same bed or different bed?" I asked as I kept my eyes on the floor.

"Does it say in the papers?" Draco asked.

I hastily went over to my desk and picked up the paper before I began scanning through it.

Partners must be in the same bed in order to activate the charm.

Then I felt my heart sink. Draco and I were about to be charmed into making it seem like we are having sex while being in the same bed.

I slowly set the paper down and turned to face him, making sure to not make eye contact. I could feel my entire face blush and without having to be told, he knew.

I crossed back to my bed and turned down the sheets before I climbed in and laid stiffly on my back. Draco did the same. Slowly, I turned to look at the clock and saw we had one minute.

"Merlin," I breathed as I forced my eyes closed.

"Just relax." Was all Draco said before it began.