Complications

My hair was pulled up it a half up-do. My nails and make up were done and I was standing in the Foyer staring at myself in the over-sized mirror. The dress was made out of a nude colored silk material with black lace details through out the dress. The back was dramatically longer than the front. The front only coming down just below my knees. I looked beautiful, I felt beautiful. Even as I stood here looking to be around 7 months pregnant I felt radiant. On my wrist I wore a diamond tennis bracelet and around my neck was a intritcately designed necklace that hung just above my cleavage.

"You look gorgeous, Draco won't be able to take his eyes off you." Luna said as she joined my side wearing a baby blue gown. Luna was the only female I had met that could make something so simple look so elegant.

"I can say the same about you." I beamed. I brought my hand to my stomach as I felt a kick and smiled. "It seems as if this little one wants us to get going." And with that we made our way into the elevator that took us down to the main lobby.

The elevator doors opened up to the busy lobby filled with men in suits and pregnant women in dresses of every color. It was easy to tell my peers from the muggles as the muggles stared at us longer than normal and even some did a double take.

"Gorgeous!" Draco said as he met me at my side, extending his arm in a gentleman-manner. He took my hand into his, bowed slightly and then placed a kiss on the top of my hand before wrapping his arm around my waist.

Just as we stared into the ballroom I saw a extravegantly dressed Faye standing off to the side with Seamus. It was clear that the two were arguing. Just as we passed them she paused and her eyes followed Draco and myself. I turned away without so much an expression.

Neville, Luna, myself and Draco shared a table closest to the doors. Faye, Seamus, Dean and Parvarti sat across from us. Throughout dinner I glanced up to look at their table only to get bitter glares from Parvarti and Faye. It was clear what had happened. Faye had managed to turn Parvarti against me. How, I wasn't sure but I was confident it required a lot of lies and manipulation on her end.

The fact that Parvarti was no longer a friend of mine wasn't what bothered me the most. It was what Faye must've said to make it that way. I could imagine the lies and deciet.

Once we finished dinner and had our dessert the music began and the lights dimmed slightly. Neville rose to his feet and offered his hand to Luna and the two made their way into the center of the room that was set up like a dance floor. I watched as Neville began swaying with Luna, dipping her slightly and twirling her before bringing her close and swaying again.

It was beautiful.

I admired the man that Neville had turned into. I remembered the forgetful and scared little boy he was through out the years. But when we needed bravery he stepped up and stepped up quick. I remembered fourth year how nervous he was and then fifth year at the Department of Mysteries when he stood up against Bellatrix.

I shook my head of the thoughts as soon as they came. Now was not the time to have a fit from the flashbacks. Nope. Not today.

When I focused and turned my attention back to the room I saw Partvarti and Faye, both their heads were inclined and they were whispering to each other and glancing occasionally in my direction.

What was up with them?

"Hermione... Love." I turned my head to Draco and smiled as he stood before me, his hand out to me. "Will you dance with me?" He asked.

He didn't need to ask me twice. I placed my hand into his and he brought me to my feet. In an series of movements that I thought were too elegant for myself, he twirled me as we made our way to the center of the room.