Try With Me

After Draco and I unpacked our things and got settled in we made our way out onto our extravagant balcony that overlooked the majority of the town. We had an amazing view because our pent house was on the top floor.

"Look!" I exclaimed as I pointed to a dingy building just down the street and across the way. "It's the Leaky Cauldron."

Draco followed to where I had been pointing at and smiled. "Wow, oh, is that Seamus and Faye?" he added.

If it wasn't for me knowing what the two wore that day I wouldn't be able to tell them apart from any other person down there. But sure enough, Faye's love for bright colors gave them away. From their rapid hand movements and their body language it appeared that they were fighting.

"It is sad that they don't get along." I said as I leaned my head on his shoulder. "Faye had a huge crush on Seamus since year one. She was fascinated with his explosions."

"Hmmm." Draco responded.

Of course he wouldn't really have much to say since we were basically enemies since day one.

"You might not believe this but I felt the same for you."

I quickly lifted my head of his shoulder and turned to look at him. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Since year one, I had a huge thing for you."

I rose an eyebrow to him. "You made my life a living hell, and all because I was a muggleborn, Draco."

"Exactly. Hermione, you weren't the only muggleborn at Hogwarts. I had maybe one hundred to choose from, but I chose to pick on you."

"But I was also Harry's friend and you had it out for him too."

"No, now you are reading too much into it. I picked on you constantly because I was afraid that if I didn't the other Slytherin's would catch on. Didn't you ever wonder why out of all the muggle borns that us Slytherin's picked on, why you were left alone by all but me?"

My brows furrowed as I thought about this. Torturing muggleborns was a Slytherin's favorite past time. Yet the only Slytherin that ever really picked on me -apart from Milicent Bulstrode- was Draco.

"Hermione, after I learned that you were petrified in our second year I all but lost it. I feared that you might never wake up. But when you did, I promised to protect you from anyone that might hurt you. And in Slytherin House they have this game that is basically about torturing muggle borns and seeing who can do it better."

"What!" My voice rose several ocataves.

"They have a chart in the common room, everyone starts out torturing a muggle born in any way they want and whoever does it better without getting caught wins. So many people wanted to go after you because you were Harry's friend and I told them that if they as so much as touched a hair on your head, I would do things to them that my aunt Bella taught me. I told them that you were mine to torture because you were Potter's friend and I wanted to get back at him from the humiliation he put me through."

Though he was twisted in the way he went about things he did me a solid and saved my life. Who knows what sickening things those Slytherin's would've done to me if he hadn't of told them off.

"Thanks." I grinned as I picked up the packet that sat on the small patio table behind us. "Let's see what privelages we have while we are here."

The first page told us about why we were selected as one of the student pairs that would be staying at the Claridge Hotel. It also listed our point total and our current grades on our assignments in our class.