Chapter 36 - Megan

Rachel was a star. Those pills would come in very handy. As the designated chef, it'd be very easy to slip the pills into his food. But I wouldn't do that... Would I? He was certainly not a nice person, as I'm sure Rachel's nightmares could attest to. Besides, this Cupid had bigger fish to fry. Jamelie. Or more importantly the lack of Jamelie. Josh has been conspicuously absent from our cabin and I'm sure I heard sobbing coming from Amelie's room last night.

Feeling surprisingly cheery, I decided to get up despite the darkness lurking out my window. I really must have woke up early. Not wanting to disturb Rachel, I found a change of clothes and crept past her into the hall. The poor girl had barely slept, I wish I knew how to help. I heard giggling as I passed the twins room. It seems they got their revenge on Will last night. They already took his hat so my original prank wasn't valid anymore. But I had the awful feeling Will was going to get his own back soon, and it wouldn't be pretty.

After showering and getting ready, I set off to cabin 12. Of course, my plan went to hell as I walked into the cabin. It was full of sleep deprived boys, no girls in sight. Fun. Spotting Jay near the cereal boxes I asked him to find Josh and tell him to meet me outside whilst I sped away.

Ten minutes later Josh appeared at the door with a wary look on his face.

"It not my business but Amelie has been in a state of depression ever since you disappeared." Now that he'd moved closer I could see he also didn't look well. "Judging by the state of you, I'd guess it has also been eating away at you too. Whatever it is, you'll work around it."

"It wasn't me who pushed her away. She couldn't stand the distance." For the first time since I met him, I no longer saw Mr Dreamy. Just a heartbroken boy. Feeling sympathetic, I realised I'd have to pull off a massive cliche. I'd have to lock them in a room together.

"Just think about what I've said. If I have any idea's I'll get Jay to give you a message. Could you also tell Jay to stop by and see Rachel? I think he was planning to anyway but I'm worried about her. She's still not sleeping well."

With a small wave, I turned around and headed back to my cabin. Most people were still asleep and I was dying of boredom. Phoebe was awake, but she had her headphones in and I didn't want to disturb her. Will was also awake but I didn't particularly want to talk to him either. Unfortunately he approached me.

"Where were you?"

"Talking to Silky and Moon Face. Those woods are just enchanted."

I mustered all my sarcasm into the sentence. Hopefully, he had read Enid Blyton and had some appreciation for the talented author. I heard a snort of laughter behind me, Phoebe must have heard my comment. I had no such luck with Will.

"Okay? I just wanted to ask if Rachel-"

Jay chose that moment to come through the door. Leaping up from my seat, I ignored Will and went to talk to him. I let Jay know about my plan. I also hoped if Amelie and Josh got back together Jay could have a date with Rachel. With me chaperoning of course. Rachel needed something to cheer her up. Which reminded me. The tying Will up idea, when I was done fixing Amelie's and Josh's relationship I'd have to make a decision. Remembering a prank on TV I started searching for the twins. They'd have some wicked ideas.

After consulting with Sam and Zulfa, I had a pretty good idea of what the prank would involve. I'd need some help but I'm sure Jonny and Rachel would lend a hand. After all, I wasn't going to be cruel.

Checking the time, I realised it was almost time to sort Amelie's problem out. After clearing it with Rachel, I led Amelie to my room under the pretence of being worried about Rachel. Not necessarily a lie. Soon I heard a knock on the door and quickly let Josh in whilst darting out the door and locking it behind me. The two of them were so shocked at seeing each other, they barely noticed the click of the lock sliding behind them.

I left them be and started on my master plan. Rachel seemed reluctant to prank Will but when I told her my idea she burst into laughter and happily agreed to help me. Since Will was the villain of our camp it was logical that he looked like a villain. Monobrow, eccentric moustache, the works. The only catch was it would be permanent marker, and he's be asleep during the makeover.

- Written by Megan Wiggins