Chapter 23 - Phoebe

In light of recent events, I decided to do some snooping. It’s been two days since Will stole our stuff, and to be honest, I was getting sick to death of the negative mood in the house, and I also really miss playing my guitar. When everyone was asleep, I pulled on my hoodie and my Green Day converse, and left a note for Billie and Maisie telling them where I’m going. I snuck out of the room and down the stairs, and had managed to get to the front door until I was stopped by Amelie.

“Phoebe? What’re you doing up?” fudge nuggets.

“Umm….I’m going to look for our stuff…”

“Oh thank god. I was staying up to see if Will would end up sneaking off to go to our stuff.” Whew. For a second there I thought I’d be in trouble.

“I will report back in two hours.” Please?

“One hour.”

"An hour and a half?” Pretty please?

“…..Fine. No more than an hour and a half. Now, I’m going to bed. Goodnight.”

“Night.” Yes! Alright, I’ve got to be fast but I also have to be sneaky. It’s a good thing I’ve played Dishonoured, so I have a pretty good idea of how not to get caught by any counsellors that might be on guard duty, or Will if he sneaks off to guard everyone’s belongings. I hope I see him, because then I can follow him and get the jump on him.

Okay, let’s see. The things Will stole were: My guitar, Billie’s guitar, Megan’s teddy Fudge, Rachel’s giant white tiger toy, Amelie’s phone, Samantha’s phone and Zulfa’s phone. Hopefully I can find everything in the time I’m allowed out. Grr, where to start? The woods! I snuck down the path(sticking to the shadows and pulling my hood up so my hair didn’t give away my location)that led to the woods. When I got there, I was careful not to step on any twigs in case it alerted any wild predators, or worse, Will. I followed the path that led through the woods, and ended up at the place where we had the campfire. Glancing at the Jake The Dog watch on my wrist, I noted that I had only walked for about 5 or ten minutes, so I sat down on the ground and did some brain storming.

After a while, I decided to walk around the entire campsite, again sticking to the shadows because I’m a sneaky ninja. After half an hour of walking, I came up with nothing so I gave up and started to make my way back to the cabin. I had arrived back at the camp fire location and I figured that seeing as I had another half hour left out, I should look around and see if anything looks suspicious. Unfortunately I couldn't see the hidden booty anywhere. I trudged back to the cabin and closed the door quietly behind me. So much for finding everyone's stuff.

- Written by Phoebe Ellen Stubbs