Chapter 14

It only took Kara a few minutes to pickup food and drinks from Noonan's. From there she flew as fast as she could to the address that Alex gave Kara as Lena's apartment.

Much to Kara's surprise, she arrived in front of a repurposed, multi-story, brick warehouse in the art district of town. A month or two earlier, and this would have taken Kara by surprise, but as she had begun meeting and talking to Lena more often, as she had begun to be her friend, she realized the Lena had another side to her.

Sure she was a big science nerd, but a part of her was utterly enamored by architecture and the beauty of the art world around her.

She had never directly said it to Kara, but she didn't have to. Kara heard it in the way she talked about the designs of her favorite buildings and inspirations from her favorite artist.

As Kara approached the building, she adjusted her favorite, ti-blend, t shirt with the Hufflepuff logo, wondering how Lena would react to seeing her.

Kara would have been lying if she said she wasn't afraid, but she went rode the elevator to the top story of the building anyway, hoping Lena would be understanding.

Kara walked to the end of a long hallway of doors, checking her phone to confirm the number. Apartment 630.

Kara stood in front of the door for a few moments, sucking in a deep breath, standing up straight, and knocking three times. She decided it would be too invasive to use her x ray vision, so instead she waited painstakingly for the sound of soft feet padding across the floor.

Kara's heart broke a little as she heard Lena's voice from across the threshold of the door, timid and broken.

"Who is it?"

Kara answered her quickly.

"Its me, Kara."

There was a silent pause, before Kara heard a progression of multiple locks being unlocked. Finally, the door before her creaked open, revealing Lena Luthor to her.

Kara hid her gasp as she took in the sight in front of her. Lena Luthor stood timidly in the door way, her hair wavy and untamed, completely different from her straightened hair that she wore for official business. She wore tight, ankle length leggings, and a dark green Slytherin shirt almost identical to Kara's.

She looked so relaxed, and... normal? Kara had never seen her in anything but pencil skirts and pantsuits, and she liked this side of Lena, it was so soft, so... beautiful. Kara was drawn from the silence by the harsh and caustic bite of Lena's statement

"What do you want."

Kara stuttered, trying to recover from Lena's obvious cold and angry demeanor.

"I-um-well-I you see..."

Lena looked at the babbling reporter, rolling her eyes.

"You finally decided to show up after going radio silent for two weeks, and you have nothing to say? CatCo has done a hatchet job on the whole story, started countless rumors, I'm not cleared to go back to work, and best of all, the one person I thought I could trust abandoned me. Serves me right for trying to trust someone I guess though, right? I'm just a Luthor."

Kara felt her heart literally shattering in her chest at Lena's broken and redundant confession, she wanted to hug her, to tell her that she was so much more, but Kara knew for both of their sakes, she had to start slow.

"Actually, no. You're not "just a Luthor," you're Lena. I came by to make sure you were alright, and because I owe you an apology."

Lena looked up at Kara, a hint of surprise graced her sparkling, green eyes.