Chapter 7: Bickering Relative

*****

Amina's POV

******

1995

I heard laugher downstairs which made me irritated as Layla was in the hospital and my family decided to move on.

Curiosity killed the cat though and I get off of my bed that early morning. It was almost time for school anyways.

I was about to go downstairs when I heard someone call me. I turn around to see the Fantasy Room's door opening. I creeped towards it and looked inside to see everything was erased. All the paintings, everything.

As soon as I became mad, the being began to yell at me. It said that it thought I was their friend but anymore.

"How dare you go for Layla! You're my friend only!"

"I needed a human friend too!" I had screamed back. The being seemed as if it were jealous of her. It must have possessed her and threw itself out the window!

When I mentioned that, the being screamed loudly and I covered my ears. Everyone came rushing up and I saw Sara and her parents looking at me, concerned.

"Are you okay?!" Mom shouted.

I was a a bit confused as I was sitting on the floor, hands on my ears. I blushed in embarrassment and got up, nodding.

"Yes, I was fine. I think I saw something but it was a hallucination."

"Are you absolutely sure?" Dad raised both his eyebrows. I nodded.

"Well, greet your aunt and uncle and your cousin."

I greeted them but Sara scoffed and walked downstairs. Mother said I couldn't go to school and help them unpack.

I wanted to be in school but I didn't argue. After breakfast, mom told me to show Sara her room. I didn't want her on my floor at all but I still didn't protest.

The last straw was when I gave her the smallest room, the only room left besides mine, the Fantasy Room, and the one with the desk in it, Sara got mad. I slapped her as my anger also rose but I regretted it a second later. She huffed and slammed the door to her new bedroom on me.

The being or jinn or whatever tried to say sorry to me by sending me papers with "I'm sorry" written inside. I could use a friend right now so I forgave it after it pestered me for too long.

I must be too normal about this but it didn't bother me. It didn't try to hurt me so why should I be worried?

Later on when I looked out the window, I saw a few boxes of gifts. The being was sincerely sorry, I see. I head out to the backyard and sit down to open them.

"What are those?" Mom asked behind me. She made me jump a little but I lied saying I had no clue how they got there. She was going to open them with my when my aunt called her for help and she said she'd be right back. I opened the boxes to find a couple empty journals to write in and a story. I loved books so the being must have caught on.

Before my mother could come back, I took the gifts and put them away. I said thanks and a paper fluttered down which had "welcome" written in it. My friend was truly sorry.