Chapter 30: You Can Never Outrun A Maniac

I'm so sorry!! I know I haven't updated in such a long time but here it is! Please forgive me to leave you at such an intense cliffhanger. To make it up, I made this chapter longer than others ^~^

*This Chapter will be edited soon

P.S Secrets are almost to be revealed! Stay tuned ;)

"I'm forced to be here. It's been the same, ever since."

"Cruelty. There has never been peace for me, but now I have the chance. I have the chance to be who I want to be."

~Donna

******

Mariam's POV

******

I panted heavily and leaned against the hallway's wall. I glance around briefly, trying to catch my breath before I moved on. The mansion was full of hallways which made it too maze like. I was separated from the main group and all I had was a pistol, which was shoved into my hand before the run. When Adam shot the rope, everyone took it as a sign and raced out the doors, but mere seconds after, guards were at our feet. Bliquorice must be wandering somewhere by himself, and I was terrified of the thought. But I know he must be fine. He was mixed up with the main group, so someone had to have picked him up.

I hid myself in a room as the guards passed by, and I've been going around in circles for too long now. I didn't come across anyone dangerous, and I hope not too. Sir Immortia must have already set out a mission to capture us all.

I straighten up and look into the darkness of the hallway. Come on Mariam, they'll leave you behind. I began running again, the echoes of my steps bouncing around. As I turned a sharp corner, I bumped into someone, and stumbled back. I aimlessly raised my pistol, making out who it was with my eyes.

"Donna?" I say in surprise. She glances at me, her inhuman eyes boring into mine. She wasn't alone though as I saw her aiming a gun at Zoe's head.

"Don't make a move." She warns, her blond hair sticking to her sweaty face. "I'll shoot her."

I peer at a horrified Zoe who was at the verge of tears. "Donna, she's a little girl."

"My mom left me, I don't care if I die." Zoe whispered. Her black hair was tangled, and her face was tear stained. She must be talking about that jinn. Zoe always talked about her at dinner time. Where were the jinns headed to though?

"Why are you doing this?" I raise my eyes at Donna.

"I want to know where you're escaping to."

"No."

"I'll shoot her."

"Please, don't!" I plead.

"Then tell me!"

"Just so you can tell Sir Immortia?"

"Tell me or-"

And then there was a loud echo of a gunshot. Zoe collapsed to the floor and I stared blankly as Donna fell, screaming in pain. She held her ankle tightly, clenching her teeth. I decided I'd shoot her in the leg since that was the only part where no one could possibly die. After all, she was in Sir Immortia's team and I didn't need her feet taking her to him.

"How dare y-you!" She said through gritted teeth.

Zoe crawled away from her and towards me, quickly putting her arms around my waist.

"I told you to let her go." I replied. "And you won't die unless you don't wrap the wound."

The fact I was so calm scared me.