Nightmare Nights

Help Me Out by Alicks      Cause I'm slow on updating recently and this helps me sleep at night... 

I bolt upright in bed, panting heavily in a cold sweat. It's a few moments before I realize where I am but it does nothing to quell the shaking fear that someone or something might grab me suddenly. I cautiously pull the covers off me, being careful not to wake her up as I slide into a pair of boxers and slip out of the room.

Our apartment is cold and silent, the only noise being the soft hum of electricity and occasional car driving past us. I grab a mug from the cabinet, brewing a pot of coffee as I splash cool water onto my face and neck. "I wish these damn nightmares would stop." I mutter to myself, pouring the steaming liquid into the glass with sugar and creamer. 

I pad into the living room, taking a sip as I pull the curtains back to watch the night sky. I'm not sure how long I sat on the couch and watched the world outside, I couldn't see the clock from where I was sitting but I didn't really care because I was off today. I was brought out of my thoughts when I felt her hands slide up arms to my shoulders and down to my bare chest, "You're freezing love." 

I half smile as I set the now empty mug on the inn table, "I'm not sure how long I've been sitting here darling." I feel her lips press a kiss to the top of my head, "What has you up?" I chuckle, "Another nightmare, not as bad as the last one though. I'm sorry if I woke you love, I didn't want you to worry." 

She comes around the couch and sits in my lap, allowing me to cradle her to my chest, "I always worry about you Sebastian. Do you want to talk about it?" I kiss her forehead softly, "I lost you. Someone took you away from me. I tried running after you, but the faster I ran the further you got away from me. I screamed and yelled but it did nothing." Tears gently fell from my eyes as I look out the window once more, trying to get it together once more.

Her warm thumbs brush the tears away, turning my face to look at her, "Hey I'm right here. I have no plans on going anywhere." I nod slightly, leaning into her touch, "I know but it was painfully real for me. I feel like my chest is going to cave in and I'm going to fall into darkness at any moment now." She shifts in my lap, placing her hands on each side of my face, "What's your name?"

I look up at her, "Sebastian Hatter." 

She nods, "How old are you?" 

"I am 23."

"Where are you?" 

"Virginia with my girlfriend."

"Who is your girlfriend?"

"You are."

"Where do you work?"

"A restaurant downtown."

"See? It's okay Sebastian. You are safe and so am I. I'm in the safest place possible which is in your arms." She smiles, kissing my nose softly, "I love you and we are going to get through every nightmare that you have. I'll always be here for you, no matter what." I couldn't help but smile back as I wrap my arms around her waist, "I know you will and I love you too."

I gently press my lips against hers, the sun framing her lithe figure  as she leans forward slightly. Her hands rub my chest soothingly as we pull apart, "So what would you like for breakfast?" I smirk, "I could think of a few things." Huffing and swatting at my arm, she gets up and walks into the kitchen, "Alright ya big perv, food wise." 

I snicker as I grab my mug and follow her, "How about Sin-namon rolls and bacon?" She groans, "Sebby why must you be like this?" I grin, turning  her around and pinning her against the counter, "Because my gorgeous girlfriend gets me in a riled up mood every morning." Her face is beet red, not looking at me at all, "Smooth bastard." 

I grin wider, kissing her jaw and neck with a purr, "I know I am and you love it when I am." Her fingers slowly thread through my hair, a soft moan escaping her lips, "Yes I do." I  smirk, nipping her neck and collar bone while sliding my hands up her shirt slowly, "Good, I'd hate to think otherwise." 

She gives a tug to my hair, making me elicit a growl, "Mmm, bedroom now." I lift her up and wrap her legs around my waist, swiftly making a b-line for our room while kissing her roughly. 

For most of the day, we lounged on the couch while watching movies, snacking and making love. Having small days like this were rare and we thoroughly enjoyed them spending time together. Her fingers slowly traced my chest gently while we finished another episode of some show, "Hey." 

I look down at her, "What's up buttercup?" She giggles, "What do you want for dinner?" I think for a moment before grinning, "How about we get dressed and flip a coin." She rolls her eyes before getting up, walking towards the bathroom, "i'm showering first." I laugh, "I second that and am right behind you."

Having nightmares fucking suck, especially when they are constant every night. However, having something like this help me fall back asleep and dream of you. That;s all I could ever want and wish for, to dream of you every time I close my eyes.

Sebastian