Notre Dame

Can't Help Falling in Love with You covered by Twenty One Pilots    I love you gorgeous~

It was freezing in Paris, France and the snow was just about everywhere. We had decided to take a vacation to France in order to find out more about my family. We came up empty so far but that was no reason why we couldn't enjoy the sights and food.

We were currently nursing a cup of Chocolat l'ancienne, the French equivalent of American hot chocolate but so much better than that. "Mmm I'm gonna have to learn how to make this when we get back home." I purr after taking another small sip, my breath puffing out in small clouds.

She laughs in-between sips, leaning against my arm as we continued to walk down the street to the famous cathedral, Notre Dame, "Guess we are going to have to go shopping then, there is a lot of dark chocolate in this." 

"And the whipped cream only makes it better; we get plenty of snow back home so I'm sure you'd have no objections to having a cup of this and cuddling with the dog." I tease, kissing her cheek gently. Her fingers squeezed around my own as we turned the corner, "Haru would love that, seeing as we have been gone almost a week."

I snicker as I squeeze back, leading us around a corner which put us right across the way of the cathedral, "Haru is gonna lose his shit when we get back home." She laughs again and only nods as we make our way slowly across the way, walking around the fountain while we finished out drinks.

There were only a few people still out and about seeing as it was around eight thirty in the evening which made me a little less anxietal about being outside after dark. "You okay handsome?" she asked, rubbing my arm gently. I smile and kiss her forehead after throwing my now empty cup away, "Yeah I'm okay, just a little nervous is all." 

The cathedral was massive compared to the pictures I had seen online and from others; I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed a little because of the beauty and sheer size of it. I pull my phone out and take a few pictures, even sneaking behind her and taking a few of her in front of the building. 

She smiled and laughed, trying to hide her face playfully as I took more, "Sebastian!" I grin, turning the camera off and pulling her into my arms, "Jamie." Snow had started to fall again as we stood there laughing; I slowly pulled her hand into mine and started turning in slow circles.

"What are you doing silly man?" She giggled, moving with me at ease. I smile before I start singing in my now lower voice;

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you

She breaks out into the largest smile yet, "Oh you smooth fucker. You planned this out!" I laugh while keeping our movements slow and steady, "Yep sure did."

Shall I stay? Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

I had spent so long in the dark before her. My world was always dark and sad and lonely. I was always afraid that I would end up alone for my life. I never thought myself deserving of a wife or husband, children or anyone in my life to come home to at night.

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so we go
Some things were meant to be

I have always feared being with someone. Most people couldn't handle the way I was because I was sad a lot and have an incurable disorder. Or they would cheat on me and just leave because they didn't love me like they said they did. 

Take my hand, take my whole life too
'Cause I can't help falling in love with you

But it changed; she changed it all. 

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so we go
Some things were meant to be

My dark world turned into a beautiful sunset. The voices slowly backed off a little. I don't feel sad or lonely at all most days. She took the news of my disorder in stride and still loved me. Every day I become a little stronger. And I have no idea how I'm ever going to be able to thank her for all the things she does for me.

Take my hand, take my whole life too
'Cause I can't help falling in love with you

I slowly end our little dance, the snow covering us lightly as I wrap my arms around her hips gently, "I love you Jamie." She smiles, leaning against my chest, "I love you too Sebastian." I kiss the top of her head, rocking us slowly in the chilly winter air to keep us warm.

But I can't help falling in love with you  

Your Knight in Shinning Armor,

Sebastian